I’m Seriously Ticked

I too had a stray wander up to my house and take up residence. She is the sweetest thing. Wants to be a house cat in the worst way, but I'm allergic. She goes on walks with me and my toddler. We had horrible problems with mice in the house winter before last, but this year, no mouse problems in the house. I've seen her prey drive get activated around squawking chicks, but when they have a mama or are older than a month, she leaves them be.

I am also on the live trap any that are indeed after your birds.

I do strongly recommend that your defences be beefed up.

In all my years (20+) of keeping chickens only once have I seen a cat actually even stalk my birds. He got trapped and a ride to the pound. His owners could either pay to bail him out or not. If not he had a chance at a better home.

There are still cats that come here. They are after mice which is appreciated.

Death should be a last resort for any predator IMHO.

Edited because auto correct doesn't correct. :he

Last edited:
@RWise , I wasn't trying to fight with you..... I just always think there has to be at least ONE option before killing... MOSTLY.... if I misinterpreted what you said, I am sorry. But yeah, to ME, you came off wrong.

Buy me a burger and we can be friends and call it even :D

Bring some BBQ sauce, I'll smoke up some ribs, pop some home brew beer/wine and watch the girls scratch!

I shot a cat 2 days ago because it keeps preying upon my chickens and chicks. Gets very old after awhile having cats around. Dogs keep them at bay during the day and they come out at night and early morning when dogs aren't outside.

I shot a cat 2 days ago because it keeps preying upon my chickens and chicks. Gets very old after awhile having cats around. Dogs keep them at bay during the day and they come out at night and early morning when dogs aren't outside.

However it got to your birds other scarier things can too.

Beef up your set up and THEN the birds will be safe.

I knew a bird lover guy once who shot cats in his yard with a crossbow (poor neighbors). I'm not sure a pistol crossbow has enough power, though. Mine sure doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom