I’m so impatient

Depending on breed you might not get eggs until next spring. My BEI are like that even if they are old enough to lay in the middle of summer they freeload until next spring. But my Welsh i had would religiously give up eggs between 4-5 months even in the dead of winter. They are egg machines. Cayugas are similar to the BEI though so depending on your breed you might not see any for a little while.

My three khaki campbells who hatched at the end of March have been laying for a couple of months! I get 2-4 eggs daily from them right now.

On the other hand, I'm waiting patiently for my 18-19-week-old chickens to start laying. I can tell some of them are so close to being ready. It's so hard to wait!

I totally feel your pain lol.
Last year mine were old enough to lay in the fall and they didn’t start to lay until after winter 🤦‍♀️
I’m worried about this for myself 😬

I have 2 6.5 month old d’Uccle pullets that have squatted, turned all rosy red, grown combs and wattles… and not laid yet. Probably gonna have to wait till spring, when they’ll be a $&!# year old.

Back
Top Bottom