I’m Wondering What My Rescue Hens May be 🤔Please take a look!

The white is not a white Plymouth rock.
If you rescued her from a meat bird house, she maybe is a Bresse or Bresse mix? Blue/slate legs, round body, white feathers...
I’m probably kidding myself, but she’s definitely not a Rock, at least.
Sorry late reply but yeah the chicken slaughterhouse that I’ve always gone to rescue chickens, it actually isn’t just a slaughterhouse for just meat chickens, it’s almost all kinds of breeds, I’ve mainly seen R.I.R. And Black S.L. Chickens there, often chickens were all ages from pullet to old age. The white hen stood out from the group she was in, which were all black chickens with black skin. Surprisingly these chickens weren’t caged and roamed free in a building and people had to catch them if they wanted to buy them alive or to cull them. Not sure if those were ayem chemani chickens with her but looked similar. Sadly, I’m guessing it’s the chickens that farmers don’t need anymore or some sort because all of the chickens I’ve gotten from there were different breeds. But yes, I looked into the White Bresse Chicken, it might very well be that or a mix! I think you just solved my case!

Sorry late reply but yeah the chicken slaughterhouse that I’ve always gone to rescue chickens, it actually isn’t just a slaughterhouse for just meat chickens, it’s almost all kinds of breeds, I’ve mainly seen R.I.R. And Black S.L. Chickens there, often chickens were all ages from pullet to old age. The white hen stood out from the group she was in, which were all black chickens with black skin. Surprisingly these chickens weren’t caged and roamed free in a building and people had to catch them if they wanted to buy them alive or to cull them. Not sure if those were ayem chemani chickens with her but looked similar. Sadly, I’m guessing it’s the chickens that farmers don’t need anymore or some sort because all of the chickens I’ve gotten from there were different breeds. But yes, I looked into the White Bresse Chicken, it might very well be that or a mix! I think you just solved my case!
Hi chicken lovers! So as I’ve been studying my white hen, she actually doesn’t seem to be a White Bresse cuz the feather style is different and the weight comparison and face doesn’t look similar. This is so hard lol, I wonder if people can have chicken DNA tests like they do for mix-breed dogs 🤣.

Back
Top Bottom