I absolutely adore my toQue!

The Chicken Lady

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Apr 21, 2008
West Michigan
My mom got me a fuzzy, warm toque for Christmas. It's been so cold this past week; I've been wearing it every day when I go outside; it's the warmest hat I've ever had. (Plus, "toque" is just so fun to say!)

Anyone else have one of these things?

Yep, got one from a friendly Canadian that I met on the TripAdvisor forum. We met up with him and a number of other TripAdvisor folks in Cabo San Lucas and he presented me with a toque because I was the only one that knew what one was! (I went to college with a bunch of Canadians).

Mine is black with red maple leaves (of course!) on it and the extended ear flaps. I love it!

I'm with you Debi, what is a toque?
hmm.png

When I first read the thread title I thought it said "I absolutely adore my tongue" -- that would have been a first.
lol.png

a toque is one of them stylish nifty hats that have ear flaps that you can pull down over the ears, or snap up so it looks like you been partying with Bob and Doug McKenzie.

or for you younger folks, think "Red Green Show".

I'm with Mom2EmAll - My brain read "tongue". My first thought: "How can you adore your tongue?!? That must be SOME tongue she has. I gotta read more about this!"
big_smile.png

Anyway, I know the Red Green reference. I have a "togue", I guess. I use it when I am cross-country skiing.

Back
Top Bottom