➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

A lot of literature really frowns on excessive handling and candling of eggs. Although, I think as long as your hands are clean and you are careful, you can candle once a day until lockdown.
I know.
I am pretty good at not following rules.
I will try to remember to use my green alcohol on my hands every time...this time.

I can guarantee I will candle at least 3x a day.

Up date: So 2 broody hens, each in their own broody cage and run, sitting on 7 eggs each. Everything went very well, no freaked out hens, both settled in and back to sleep in no time. ( I could hardly see :lau ) and was about to freak out. So we will see what we get in about 3 weeks.
Are you going to sneak a peek in a few days?
Candle ever?

So not quite 5 minutes and the bator is already up 10 degrees.
I'm betting it only takes 10 mins to get to 99/100.
That might be too fast to warm the eggs up from the cold huh?
Incubators go down when you add the eggs too. Unless it goes way out of range, don't adjust for 24 hours and then adjust in little amounts

I know.
I am pretty good at not following rules.
I will try to remember to use my green alcohol on my hands every time...this time.

I can guarantee I will candle at least 3x a day.
Well, we do enjoy the pictures!

I was terrified to touch my eggs during my first incubation. I candled them twice during the whole time. I got a little more handsy in subsequent incubations.

Well, we do enjoy the pictures!

I was terrified to touch my eggs during my first incubation. I candled them twice during the whole time. I got a little more handsy in subsequent incubations.
I wasn't scared one bit the first time...remember how I accidentally cracked the one egg? :he
The second time I was a little more nervous.
The third time I was very careful but they didn't really count.

Back
Top Bottom