I accidently killed my roosteršŸ˜„

Nothing I'll say will make you feel better. Just know you tried to help! If it was you with the syringe or a heart attach due to stress, you won't know for sure! But what would have happened to him if you didn't try to help? Would he die a slow death fighting a disease?
I know the feeling of guilt. I was to blame for a chicken's death last year. I cried for days because I felt so guilty! She either drowned or died of exposure in a barrel with a some water in it. It wasn't really deep she probably would have been able to stand. I was just too careless to cover the barrel or turn it upside down. They never flew up there. My guess is she didn't make it inside in time at night. I noticed her missing the next morning and I went looking for her.
It is not a nice feeling. Just tell yourself you have done everything in your power to help him. :hugs

So sorry this terrible accident happened. I agree with all these kind loving people here. He knows you loved him enough to give up time, money and effort to try help him. Now, that's amazing. Don't beat yourself up. This may have not been all your fault, so don't worry! I know losing a beloved feathered friend is hard. But we learn from it. You eventually are able to remember the good times you had. :hugs

Laura ā¤

Gave my sick rooster vet prescribed liquid antibiotic with a syringe for days with no problem. Yesterday I believe I accidently pushed the liquid into his lungs instead of his stomach...he was dead in seconds. I can't stop crying...
Dont feel too bad sweety. Yesterday i killed 7 of mine using a space heater. And they loved me. Two would fly onto my arm when i would walk by. 2 months before a dog jumped my fence and killed 6 of my hens. I feel so terrible too also. I dont sleep right and my conscious is really bothering me.

I accidentally killed my beautiful Beebee Brahma hen today. I was attempting to treat her sour crop by gently massaging her crop upside down, with regular breaks, but she aspirated before I knew it and died so quickly! So so sad :(
She knew I was trying to help her, I know, but it feels a break of the trust she had in me. I feel for her sister still here.
I came here looking to find out if they suffer for long dying that way... It looked fast.
I found all your experiences, that are helping me with mine.

Perhaps it was a grace as she'd been sick for a while. It's still so hard when you love them though ehĀæ

Back
Top Bottom