I almost cried! (pics added)

He doesnt do it on me, just on clothes or towels, like if there's a wrinkle or the towel fabric that looks funny to him. he only pokes me with his beak when he's making noise, i think thats a clumsy thing though.

I have a 7 weekld sebastopol. Since day one when it bites skin we gently hold its neck and say no skin. He no longer ever bites skin. I take him everywhere and he will let anyone pet him and I feel safe that he will not bite. He does still nibble clothes and nip at jewelry but I think he could be taught to leave that alone in the same way.

He is getting very feathered now. Most of the yellow baby down has turned white. Just a little on the neck now.

Quote:
My embden wasn't much of a nibbler as a baby, but he is not afraid at all. You can't push him away if he's trying to be a booger, like everyone says to do with an aggressive goose, cause he'll just keep coming back at you. I even tried picking him up once, as I've read on here, I had a half-dollar-sized bruise on my chest and a swollen knuckle from where he bit me.

Love nibbles, even on your clothes, turn into bites. Discourage them as much as you can.

got some pics finally..they actually looked clean & fluffy for the first time in a week, lol...messy little farts
roll.png

Most of my goslings are now almost as big as their parents!! Yesterday I though Patty & Cotton were adults until I noticed Cotton's wrappings for Angel Wing. They're growing so darn fast! The second they see me they know that I'm going to let them out of their pen (60x60) to mow the lawn. They carry on and call to me until I open the gate. I swear they all bow to me when they go by.

Bleenie, they're getting so big!! You won't be able to hold them on your lap much longer. lol

Laurie

Quote:
PLEASE< is that what it is??? My big babies are really starting to nibble/bite! It hurts, so am I supposed to push them away? Does anybody have a tried and true method that worked, it's really bad... jenn

My Grandson will be three next Friday. He loves the geese and I need them to stay nice. I would love tips. I do raise alot of turkeys. I found those that I spent the most time with lost the fear of people and also do not respect them. They where my biggest pain in the butt. Those raised with little people contact never bite because they keep there distance. Does the same apply to geese. How can you have them friendly and respectful?

I guess i am just used to my Muscovy babies, the more attention they get the friendlier they are as adults. all the ones I raised come up to me when i go to the coop and give me "love nibbles" on my leg and stuff all the time & my big boy still lets me pet him and pick him up.

Back
Top Bottom