I am a failure at chicken coops....

20111206-nrk7p7q6688cswxhtjfndjrrwi.jpg

20111206-g5pc2xr4stpd62kfafguqfyhe1.jpg

A couple pix of my tile crate coop. Its not pretty to look at, but got the job done quickly and CHEAPLY. One thing you can't see in the photos is the roost, I simply cut a 1x4 pallet board to length and stretched it across from side to side inside resting it on two of the frame slats. I also covered over the chicken wire around the roosting end with hardware cloth because I was paranoid about raccoons reaching through the chicken wire. In the background of the first photo you can see my larger 'fancy' coop in progress covered by a tarp. It will look very nice, but also will be done very cheaply...it's made out of pallet boards so I spent literally zero dollars on lumber, just the hdwre costs of screws, paint, etc. My construction of it was interrupted a bit, well... ALOT, by a health crisis over the last five months. Had two abdominal surgeries and getting up on the 8 ft ladder to finish out the roof has just been out of the question while recovering, which is why I ended up with plan B (the tile crate coop).

Im no Bob the Builder but I came up with this simple design and so far so good. Its PVC, some cement glue and poultry netting attached
I dont have enough post to submit a pic but as soon as I do I will post it.

Back
Top Bottom