I am a roo magnet lol

Australorpfamily

Songster
Mar 26, 2023
Central Indiana
I seem to always pick out, and hatch out, roos lol (first hatch was 4 of 6 roos, this hatch we have 5 eggs and I think the odds are 2 to 3 but not sure which)

Now, yes, I know they are still young yet, but their behavior is roo to a T! Lol! Cleaned them out and these two just kept chest bumping- or as best as the little man can do lol but I wanted to share their stare down.

I didn't catch a photo of them trying to peck each other through two fence panels, I was trying to slot in a divider lol

SupeRoo is what my son called the little grey one (we hatched him and he's an egger) and the bigger one was out of an olive egger pullet bin. I've done that three times now lol

Here's to hoping their demeanors are just passionate pullets hahaha 🤣

And Little Man wants to be right with you, I guess while I was at work, he escaped and went into our son's room (bypassing two cats) and had gotten out three other times to visit with everyone lol

Attachments

• PXL_20240328_140417151.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240328_140417151.MP.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 27
  • PXL_20240328_140415131.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240328_140415131.MP.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 13
  • PXL_20240328_140409374.jpg
    PXL_20240328_140409374.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 13
To young for the little grey one. But the black one on the other side of the divider could be a cockerel.

Im a magnet for cockerels to
First hatch 4 of 6 were cockerels, one passed before i knew but im pretty sure she was a girl
Second hatch only one hatched and turned out to be a cockerel
Third hatch which was my last 5 out of 5 were cockerels

So i went to the feed store and got some cochins and a spitz lets see how many are cockerels this time. I just want one or two pullets

To young for the little grey one. But the black one on the other side of the divider could be a cockerel.

Im a magnet for cockerels to
First hatch 4 of 6 were cockerels, one passed before i knew but im pretty sure she was a girl
Second hatch only one hatched and turned out to be a cockerel
Third hatch which was my last 5 out of 5 were cockerels

So i went to the feed store and got some cochins and a spitz lets see how many are cockerels this time. I just want one or two pullets
Same for me!! First hatch 4/6 were cockerels! The second time only two hatched; one of each- sold them both. My flock grows very slowly but I may have hit the jackpot with these 5 most recent chicks. We will see! They are only 5 weeks. I won’t buy the upgraded extended cage “The Taj Mahal” until I know.

Back
Top Bottom