I am Brand new :)

Was it one of these?

44123_dominique.jpg

Dorkings
Dominiques
Hamburgs
English Games

Last edited:
Great images, Wolftracks...but no.... the chicken of my dreams was black tan and a little green...
love.gif

Am I allowed to show my flickr link to my favorite chicken? (I promise I am safe ....Flickr a photos sharing site, moderators have classified me as SAFE....
caf.gif

http://www.flickr.com/photos/heyitsdebv/5171773839/in/set-72157625375004704/

I posted the chicken image link above...let's see if this works.... (crossing my fingers and hoping real hard
idunno.gif

Looks almost like a Marans?? Different markings. I know someone who is more involved with different breeds will know.

I know.................I'll pm Illa!

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

He is gorgeous indeed! He looks to be a mutt though. Looks to have some Cochin in there, crossed with something else, could possibly have Marans in there too but it is unlikely. You'd notice the eggs being substantially darker than the average brown.
wink.png

If you like him, you'll love Birchen Marans or Silver Partridge/Pencilled Cochins.

Here's a silver pencilled Cochin to compare.

(not mine!)

Silver%20Penciled%20cochin%20rooster%201.jpg

Thanks Illa. I thought he might be a mix, but I am far from knowing all the breeds. Took years with dogs.
He is very pretty. Now I'm thinking Birchen Marans next. I'm a Marans addict.
I did see an egg pic, so I'll have to check it out later. Running to pay my rent. Forgot it was the 1st!

Wolftracks & Crazy for Colors...Thank You! I also posted my pic on BYC facebook and a Kentucky farmer also thinks that it is a mutt ...with a too long spur...
D.gif

When we get out land cleared and when we get our coop built...i will keep your answers in mind...

Kind chickens for little preschoolers hands...I think will be my #1 breed factor and then...color
wee.gif

Thanks!
clap.gif

Sorry we couldn't figure out the mix, but Illa is GOOD!

I say go with the Marans. Great all around birds. I love them. Great with kids. MY grand daughter is 5 and carries the roos like puppies.

Hope you get your flock going soon.

Thanks Wolftracks:thumbsup I will write your suggestion down
old.gif

Our 5 grandkids our ages 1-5 and they will all be living in our big back yard this Summer
clap.gif

A cousin helping me thought it was the "Golden Laced Wyandotte" .... This same cousin has 4 daughters and she has " the Australorp" coming in this week..." for egg production." Are you familiar with this breed?

Quote:
I've had Aussie. Lots of people love them. They were nice. They are great layers.

No....Not a Wyandotte. I think the woman in the article has developed her own breed. Would be nice to know what she used. Very pretty bird.

Back
Top Bottom