I am considering this CUP TYPE WATERER - ANY COMENTS?

MIKE555444

Songster
10 Years
Jun 8, 2009
Pliny, West Virgina
Id like to know if anyone has had good or bad things to say about these waters. I am considering using this with a pressure reduction valve so my only task would be to clean these daily.

Can they be made drip free as I don't want any extra moisture in my new coop?

33744_4085.jpg

Last edited:
The chickens can swish water out of it, also they do get dirty.

I love the nipple drip waterers. Hardley ever have any evidence of water underneath. Also stay nice and clean---forever. No more chores

if you have to clean them daily then why not eliminate a chore and go with nipple waterer in 5 gal bucket that you only have to fill about every other day and clean out once a week?
big_smile.png

i eliminate any thing that can take away from my time w the chickens or family and was tired of cleaning everything everyday so i switched and for what i paid for one regular waterer i made 5 bucket waterers ??
idunno.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Waterer-...&otn=3&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=2432793520580639432

these are the ones i used . drill a hole a little bit smaller in a 5 gal bucket and thread this in there about 3 per bucket works good

Last edited:
the good thing about cups is that the chicken get plenty of water as they will prefer to drink from a more open source.. but they will make a little mess as they do like to swish around in it and you will have to clean them regularly

Mine do not make any mess with them. They stick in their beaks to drink and that is it. They are 1.5 inches wide so not really big enough to splash water around. I have gravel below them so they do not dust bath by them and they do not accumulate dirt in the cup so I have no problems with them at all.

Back
Top Bottom