I am considering this CUP TYPE WATERER - ANY COMENTS?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by MIKE555444, Aug 30, 2011.

1. MIKE555444

MIKE555444 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Pliny, West Virgina
    Id like to know if anyone has had good or bad things to say about these waters. I am considering using this with a pressure reduction valve so my only task would be to clean these daily.

Can they be made drip free as I don't want any extra moisture in my new coop?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  2. biddybird

biddybird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Salado Texas
    The chickens can swish water out of it, also they do get dirty.

I love the nipple drip waterers. Hardley ever have any evidence of water underneath. Also stay nice and clean---forever. No more chores

3. Tofer76

Tofer76 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 7, 2010
    Carthage Il,
    if you have to clean them daily then why not eliminate a chore and go with nipple waterer in 5 gal bucket that you only have to fill about every other day and clean out once a week? [​IMG]

i eliminate any thing that can take away from my time w the chickens or family and was tired of cleaning everything everyday so i switched and for what i paid for one regular waterer i made 5 bucket waterers ?? [​IMG]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Waterer-...&otn=3&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=2432793520580639432

these are the ones i used . drill a hole a little bit smaller in a 5 gal bucket and thread this in there about 3 per bucket works good

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  4. MIKE555444

MIKE555444 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Pliny, West Virgina
    Maybe that is a better way to go then... anyone use the cups?

5. gale65

gale65 Chillin' With My Peeps

There is a member called Bellevue Omelet that uses them. They also sell both the cups and the nipples and they seem to prefer the cups.

6. Tofer76

Tofer76 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 7, 2010
    Carthage Il,
    the good thing about cups is that the chicken get plenty of water as they will prefer to drink from a more open source.. but they will make a little mess as they do like to swish around in it and you will have to clean them regularly

7. BellevueOmlet

BellevueOmlet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Mine do not make any mess with them. They stick in their beaks to drink and that is it. They are 1.5 inches wide so not really big enough to splash water around. I have gravel below them so they do not dust bath by them and they do not accumulate dirt in the cup so I have no problems with them at all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by