Cholesterol man

In the Brooder
Jul 7, 2021
My chick's are 11 days old and I am using curd (dahi) as probiotics and crushed rocks as dust bath and grit. Also 2.4 square feet of Plastic brooder, bowl of water and feed. We have no heat lamp available because we are in a native place far from the city/town so we couldn't get heat lamp and other chicken care accessories. I am still trying my best to raise chickens. Can you tell any caring tips or substitutes for raising tips?.

Attachments

• 1625726012605..jpg
    1625726012605..jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 11
Your chicks do not need dust baths until they are much more grown. You also don't need to give them probiotics, at this time. I never gave any of mine probiotics, and have been keeping chickens for over 20 years now.
The curd is not bad, since it is nutrition, but not necessary, in my opinion. :idunno
I understand you dont have a heatlamp. If you live in a warm climate, that is not really necessary. It is best to keep the brooder draft free, especially during night time.
What are you feeding them now??? If it is grain mixture, then they do need grit. You can sprincle some into their feed. They will pick it themselves as needed. If the grain mixture is well ground, or feeding as a wet mash, grit can be skipped.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome

We have no heat lamp available because we are in a native place far from the city/town so we couldn't get heat lamp and other chicken care accessories. I am still trying my best to raise chickens. Can you tell any caring tips or substitutes for raising tips?.
You could use a hot-water bottle or some plastic bottle with heated/warm water for the night, so the chicks can snuggle against it if they are feeling too cold.

Or use a previously warmed stone the size of your hand. But be careful not to burn the littles!

And welcome to BYC!

Back
Top Bottom