I Am Doomed- LOL

OOPS...forgot the turkeys!
lau.gif
They are on my spring list too!

Haha! Same here. My chickens were free. Bought 6 geese for my Dad, he loves them! 4 Muscovy for my youngest daughter. Now I have 8 adult chickens, and 16 australorp in the brooder, 2 weeks old
gig.gif

Added 4 guinea hen, 2 pigs and 2 alpaca over the summer. Plan for milking goats, and cows come spring... Yeppers, I am doomed!
OH wow you're going to be busy, my family haven't thankfully had to deal with me getting "larger animals" just chickens and now ducks.

OH wow you're going to be busy, my family haven't thankfully had to deal with me getting "larger animals" just chickens and now ducks.

My last dog was 220# english mastiff
lau.gif
Had to downsize to a pug when my parents moved in with us tho. Sam would knock my Dad flat.. Sam didn't mean to, but dad wouldn't stop playing with him..( 79 years old thinks he is 20) We finally rehomed him to prevent Dad getting broken bones or worse.
sad.png
Thankfully, Dad doesn't like the cows.. just the goats
roll.png

My last dog was 220# english mastiff
lau.gif
Had to downsize to a pug when my parents moved in with us tho. Sam would knock my Dad flat.. Sam didn't mean to, but dad wouldn't stop playing with him..( 79 years old thinks he is 20) We finally rehomed him to prevent Dad getting broken bones or worse.
sad.png
Thankfully, Dad doesn't like the cows.. just the goats
roll.png
Oh
lau.gif
. But lucky that nothing bad happened. I like pugs but I have a border collie x Kelpie.

I love both breeds! I have a good friend in Australia that has a kelpie pup and she is the red.. so pretty. They are so smart.I want to find a good bloodline for the border collies, or have considered Australian cattle dogs.. I do need to find a LGD way too many coyote here.

I love both breeds! I have a good friend in Australia that has a kelpie pup and she is the red.. so pretty. They are so smart.I want to find a good bloodline for the border collies, or have considered Australian cattle dogs.. I do need to find a LGD way too many coyote here.
I live in Australia and yes my dog is so much smarter than many other dogs I know, cattle dogs are great. Do you breed dogs.
Sorry for being dumb but what is an LGD.

Question for those of you with pallet coops, do you find that the wood decomposes rather quickly? I've always wanted to use pallets for outdoor ideas, but I'm afraid of them falling apart.

I dont know yet but I do know I have some things stored on a hardwood pallet behind the shop going on 4 yrs now...I would think that if you placed the coop on bricks such that there was not any wood to ground contact, it would hold up longer than being directly in contact with the ground. But I just built mine- time will tell.

Question for those of you with pallet coops, do you find that the wood decomposes rather quickly? I've always wanted to use pallets for outdoor ideas, but I'm afraid of them falling apart.

My pallet coop is up on cinder blocks so there's no wood to ground contact. Most pallets are build from oak so they don't deteriorate very fast in the weather. If your pallets aren't directly on the ground, you shouldn't have any problems.

Back
Top Bottom