I am dry hatching 28 duck eggs

Jul 18, 2021
I am dry hatching 28 duck eggs keeping temps at 99.5 to 100.0 degrees and humidity at 30% and lower...so far embryos r developing nicely..will update this post again every few days

Dry incubation really isn't reccomended for waterfowl as they require a high humidity
My vet actually recommended it he has Ben incubating eggs chicken duck and goose for years and recommended a dry incubation he says he has higher hatch rates and he said he's been incubating eggs since the 70s

My vet actually recommended it he has Ben incubating eggs chicken duck and goose for years and recommended a dry incubation he says he has higher hatch rates and he said he's been incubating eggs since the 70s
I personally wouldn't take one person's word for it
It's something you can try, but you'd need to monitor the eggs weight/aircells pretty carefully, because they'll lose moisture much faster

I personally wouldn't take one person's word for it
It's something you can try, but you'd need to monitor the eggs weight/aircells pretty carefully, because they'll lose moisture much faster
I am weighing them Dailey the vet gave me his scale he uses and his notebooks he kept his notes in during each duck dry incubation process he even gave me his thermometers and hygrometer so I'm retracing his steps note for note

I am weighing them Dailey the vet gave me his scale he uses and his notebooks he kept his notes in during each duck dry incubation process he even gave me his thermometers and hygrometer so I'm retracing his steps note for note
I have 2 incubater 28 eggs in each one is doing thw normal common wet incubation and hat h while the other is doing a dry process I am going to post my results when thwy hatch as to which one did best each egg was placed in thw incubater on March 28th and all r showing signs of development the dry incubater actually has larger embryos atm then rhw wet hatch

So updates r as follows

28 eggs in 2 incubators 28 eggs in each
One incubTer is a wet hatch method the other is a dry hatch method

Wet hatch incubater update is I am down to just 12 eggs for some reason alot of the embryos have died and I have kept Temps between 99 and q00 and humidity between 40 and 50%

Dry hatch incubater I have 27 eggs still alive and thriving I have added no water at all haven't even misted the eggs once...the humidity has been kept around between 15% and 29%
I have no idea why the method everyone says cannot be done with duck eggs is turning out to be as of this moment the better method but for me ATM dry hatching duck eggs will be my go to method...

both incubaters r going into lockdown on the 22nd and 8 will update again with how many total hatch from each incubater

Following
As I have 37 eggs in the incubator right now
Duck goose and chicken lol due to hatch on the 24th
Today is day 23 and I got 3 ducklings that have internally popped and r peeping up a storm so what everyone says about u can't dry hatch duck eggs....my incubater so far is proof u indeed can dry hatch duck eggs and so far the mortality of eggs is higher in the wet hatch incubater which contains the same breed of duck eggs and also started out with the same amount of eggs 28 eggs were in both incubaters will post pics when the first external pip and zip and hatch r all made

Today is day 23 and I got 3 ducklings that have internally popped and r peeping up a storm so what everyone says about u can't dry hatch duck eggs....my incubater so far is proof u indeed can dry hatch duck eggs and so far the mortality of eggs is higher in the wet hatch incubater which contains the same breed of duck eggs and also started out with the same amount of eggs 28 eggs were in both incubaters will post pics when the first external pip and zip and hatch r all made
question, is your hygrometer calibrated?

Back
Top Bottom