I am getting a white peachick!! Edit: White peachick pictures!

Quote:
Yes thanks for reminding me...I need to make sure the camera has enough battery left so that I could take it with us and take pictures of anything neat I see there. I always forget to take the camera when I visit a peafowl breeder or I am so busy looking at all their birds that I forget to take pictures. I will have to make sure I have the camera sitting out were I won't forget it.
smile.png

make sure that you take plenty of pics for us all too see
thumbsup.gif

~Breaking News~

Okay so my dad's friend Speck just called my dad to say that he went over to the lady's to get all three of the white peachicks. He decided that he wants more peafowl. (We got them even more interested in peafowl). Speck has two free-range India blue peacocks. He told my dad that he will give us all three white peachicks and I can raise them and keep two of them and once they are old enough to tell the sex he wants a male one because he doesn't want any peahens he is only keeping peacocks. If all of them are peahens I can keep them all, ect. I am excited about three peachicks but that is a bit more than we were planning on having so we were just talking about if we don't want to keep them all we could sell one or something. We have a lot of friends who want peafowl now after hearing us talk about them and seeing them. Too bad the chicks are related.

So we have to go to Speck's house to pick them up tomorrow.

Last edited:
We got back around half an hour ago...Speck handed us this little cat carrier and inside were some very small peachicks. They are definitely not Peep's age (we might name Peep Trip). The white peachicks are about half the size of Peep. There was a heating pad in there for them so they were sleeping almost all the way home. They are sleeping a lot, but come to think about it Peep slept a lot when he was that small. I got them to eat a little and drink. When I took them out one by one to put in the pen the second one jumped and flew up to the ceiling and was landing on picture frames and all sorts of stuff trying to escape. The third one did the same thing. The first one was calmer. I think it was tired. My dad said "You think they are used to being handled?" I think we will have to work with them a little. They don't get too scared when I reach for them but they do back away from my hand.

This is them in their little cat crate with a heating pad under the towel.
IMG_6374.jpg

Here they are in the little playpen next to the light.
IMG_6378.jpg

They are so cute!
IMG_6382.jpg

They are sleepy too.
IMG_6389.jpg

IMG_6388.jpg

I think at least one is a male, it looks taller and did a bit of displaying. It just had that "I'm the King" kind of look...I also think one of the other two is a female, the other might be a male also I am not sure...At least that is what I would wish for!

I am not going to let Peep get in the pen with them today, but I decided to let him see them. He flew up to the edge of the pen and looked at them. I hope he becomes friends with them.
IMG_6390.jpg

OH They are so beautiful,
love.gif

take lots of photos as they grow.
Peep will be fine with them, mine got along fine the first day and they were older.
I am picking up mine Saturday These pictures got me excited thank you for posting them
celebrate.gif

Ooh are you getting yearlings or chicks? I can't wait for your photos! I am glad to know Peep should be fine with them. These chicks are inseparable...Take one out and they all start to cry. I took them all out and put them in my lap under a white feather boa and they all fell asleep. It was the first time I was able to hold them without them freaking out. I hope Peep can show them that people are nothing to be afraid of. When Peep first saw them he flew off of my arm and flapped around like crazy and landed far away on a desk peeping. I don't know if he is happy to see them or if he doesn't like them.

Mabe Peep is trying to lure you away from the evil white peas
lau.gif

I am getting 3 whites ,a cameo chicks and mabe another Great Pyrenees that is need of a home where she has room to roam.

Last edited:
I hope Saturday comes soon for you!

I was watching the white peachicks eat...Two of them eat and the third walks up to them and tries to steal the food out of their mouth. It is really funny...I kinda want to call that one White Trash just to be funny...Oh goodness people would ask me to repeat that whenever they ask "Oh and what is that pretty white ones name?" I probably won't end up calling it that...
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom