I am getting furstrated with RUDE PEOPLE!!!

due to a medical condition I see y dr every 2 weeks and I always say sorry to the nurses as they have a hard time getting the needle in the wrong spot, they laugh here they are stabbing me and I am saying sorry sorry sorry

There were just talking about this very rude generation on the news and they say its mostly because the parents dont teach their children to be polite. They dont get spanked anymore, they get a time out. Ive seen my sisters "time out" with her kids and they had to go to their room for awhile with a TV, Nitendo games and the room has a gumball machine to boot.

She doesnt believe in spankings and her kids treat her like trash. And she just doesnt understand why, even though i tell her why. She thinks thats the schools job. She refuses to be the bad guy.

Makes me sick to my stomache.

I think everyone should be forced to work in fast food for at least a year during their teenage hood...

It teaches you that people will be rude and stessful and yell at you for no reason and that you should do you best to fix it..

Most importantly, I've learnt to be nice to people serving me, their probably having a bad day. (although ignoring your customers/patients requests is a BIG no-no in my book)

Quote:
Yes, I am sure inflicting violence on innocent children will make the world a better place.

I am pretty sure this person wasn't saying "spank your children", I took it as saying discipline your children. It is a joke how some people don't want to be the bad guy and let their children walk all over them. More people need to step up and teach their children responsibility and to be courteous. It is not okay for a child to tell their mom to shut up in a store, but I am seeing it more and more.

Children now days know that there is nothing for them to "fear" from being bad. I look after three kids and I have a naughty corner, really it is any corner but they can't come out of it and then I start throwing toys in the bin if that does not work. So many of the kids I look after friends will say things like "what you going to do about it" and the kids I look after call me "bossy" but I don't care, it is not to much to ask a child to be honest with you or put their dishes in the dish washer or clear and set the table.

Quote:
I've seen good kids that come out of spanking and nonspanking households. Your sister is probably not being consistent and is allowing the children to speak disrespectfully to her. Yes, I've seen kids that were spanked who talk bad to their parents also.

Being consistent and firm is the key to whatever discipline method that you choose.

I'm constantly using (out loud, I might add) the college kids in this city as an example for my kids.

When someone does something considerate or just generous and I catch them being nice, I say, "Look, girls, that nice girls just held the door for that woman!" or, "Look, that guy just let that woman in front of him in line, wasn't that nice?"

But then there's the other side, the kids with their sense of entitlement from parents who didn't ever say, "NO," and who pay for everything and raised kids to think everyone ought to get a trophy, regardless of how hard you tried or whether you cared to succeed. These are the now grown brats who barrel right in front of you to grab something you're looking at on the store shelf, talk really loud on their phones in the quiet restaurant, and snag the pump you're in line waiting for at the gas station. I tell them about themselves, by discussing their rude behavior with my kids, in front of them. "Wow- that rude girl just let go of the door when that woman had a baby stroller behind her! What a jerk!"

I once followed a woman a couple of blocks to her home to give her back the banana peel she threw out of her car window in the middle of the downtown shopping area. I was behind her and the red light stopped me within reaching distance of the peel, so I couldn't resist.

It was a lovely day and her roommates were out on the porch with a bunch of guys, so it was really embarrassing for her when I pulled into her driveway behind her and told her I was giving it back to her because she'd dropped it. Sweet as honey...

I have great faith in public humiliation. How many kids would grow up to mimic behaviors of criminals if those criminals were publicly taunted and embarrassed in a real fashion? I think we ought to go back to stockades and throw rotten veggies- no one would be jackasses on purpose any more.

I'm going back to bed and getting up on the other side now...
hide.gif

I am glad you wear a mask maybe it should be mandatory during flu season because if the hospital staff has an outbreak Ahhhhh!!!!! I agree the guy either thought he was being cute/funny or was just plain ignorant.

My favorite rude person story is the lady behind me in the grocery line. It was a long line I had been waiting in. I had a pretty full cart she had a 1/4 full cart. My turn came and I said why don't you go ahead of me. She said "I should think so" and not in a nice way. I was so stunned by her rude reply I just stood there with my mouth hanging open. I still let people ahead of me in the hopes she is behind me so next time I don't get caught with my mouth hanging open and I can say "On second thought I don't think so."

Back
Top Bottom