I am looking to buy 2 chicks. Does anyone know where in IL?

sky

Hatching
11 Years
Feb 23, 2008
I have three questions for all you experts.

1. Where I can buy two chicks in IL. I would like to pick up.

2. Will the chickens be safe from each other if I have only one bird that is a different breed, or do I need to buy two of the same breed?

3. How old are the chicks before you can tell the sex.

Thanks

question #1, You can try your local tractor supply or theisens. Or look in the swap thread and try the Kankakee swap. There is a swap every month and if that is to far from you there might be others closed.

#2 Different breed will be fine together.

#3 there are some chickens that are sex links and you can sex them right away. Otherwise it is a toss up for a first timer unless you find a sale that has sexed chicks. Good luck, Jenn

Where are you in Illinois? I'm in the Illinois Quad Cities area and we go pick up our chicks at Schlecht's Hatchery in Miles, Iowa. It's about 60 miles from us, but worth the beautiful river valley drive to get there. I'm going up tomorrow afternoon (Thursday_3 April). If you are close to me, I'd be happy to pick some up for you, if Schlecht's has what you want.

Thanks to all, I am in 30 min south of Chicago. I will try the Kankakee route, thats not to far. I am not sure what the Schalts is, I will look it up. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom