I am new to this!! Please help!!

No nothing he was just laying with her head in the food dish :'( could he have broken her neck because Arroura was trying to jump out of the bin so I took her out:'(

Arroura is a chick, right? if so, she will prefer chick company. Ducks work too as company and can get along great. If your chick doesnt mind the ducks, then it can work, at least untill you are able to get another chick. Sorry for your loss i know how it feels
hit.gif

I tried putting her with the ducklings but she picks at Paisleys legs because they are black and I don't want her to cause the duckling harm...then the ducklings splash water all over and I don't want her to get wet and cold :/ idk what to do :'(

Can you separate them with a piece of plastic poultry fence, so they can see each other but not pick at or splash each other? At least for the time being.

Can you separate them with a piece of plastic poultry fence, so they can see each other but not pick at or splash each other? At least for the time being.
I can agree with that. At least they are able to see each other and get used to them.
My chickens used to do the same, and i would watch them. When the chicks pecked at the ducks, i would tap there head or pull them away from the rest of the flock. It personally worked great for me

I think I may take her into my teacher :/ it's the only thing I can think to do she seems nervous without nugget...I don't want here to be lonley :(

ALSO-Not sure if soneone covered this but when there less than a week old some companies clip the end joint of the ducks to make them flightless, and is painless to them. If not, you can trim the flight wings that begin to come in at (i think) 2 months. This just makes them able to flap and not go anywhere

Are you familiar with craigslist at all? You may be able to find someone who would be willing to give you a free chick to help you replace the one you lost, or they might only ask for one or two dollars

Back
Top Bottom