I am new to this.......

Acacia

In the Brooder
May 17, 2017
Nevada
I am new to raising chickens, and I have found almost every answer I needed so far. I live in the city, and where our coop is now, they are on rocks and sand until we can build out more. Is this okay for them?
On the top of the coop I have the pine shredding.

On top of the rocks and sand you have the pine shavings? the floor of the coop?
If so that sound just fine.

Welcome to BYC!

Welcome to BYC! Sounds ok to me! but on the roof you have pine shaving? I am confused lol, but that dont take much oh and hi Kiki!

On top of the rocks and sand you have the pine shavings? the floor of the coop?
If so that sound just fine.

Welcome to BYC!
Yes, on the top of the coop where they will lay, and where they sleep, I have the shavings. I don't have a lot of shavings on the ground, should I put more shavings instead of sand?

No you do not need to add shavings to the floor...plain dirt is good for the ground.
Can you possible take a picture of your set up?
I'm having trouble understanding what you are describing....I may just need some coffee, but a pic is worth a thousand words.

nope some say sand works great and you can sift it to get the poo out! good luck with your new venture!

ugh this not updating page is for the birds I think its the big downer for the new site for me so far.

No you do not need to add shavings to the floor...plain dirt is good for the ground.
I'm having trouble understanding what you are describing....I may just need some coffee, but a pic is worth a thousand words.[/QUOTE
I'm having trouble understanding what you are describing....I may just need some coffee, but a pic is worth a thousand words.

Back
Top Bottom