i am not sure if this a rant or not....

Quote:
PC I am right there with ya! Since they can't seem to get jobs, we work them around the house, the coop the yard, etc. and they get indiganant when we won't pay them. HELLO???? What did you EAT this morning, what did you SLEEP under last night???
he.gif

Quote:
PC I am right there with ya! Since they can't seem to get jobs, we work them around the house, the coop the yard, etc. and they get indiganant when we won't pay them. HELLO???? What did you EAT this morning, what did you SLEEP under last night???
he.gif

Sounds like they want to start paying rent.
big_smile.png

I have 6 kids and 5 are out and one (11) home. I had to show my 22 year old the door when he was 20. Thought it was a hotel ! Now he sees the world very differntly and appreciates us more.

We have already agreed that when the cell phone contact comes up again all three kids are getting cut off. That will be a wake up call. We have warned them.... but.....

My son started working at Papa John's when he was 16. We made him pay his own cell phone bill and his own car insurance from day 1. He is now 20 and about to go in to the army. He went to college for a while, didn't do well and had been working fast food while living with room mates. He is tired of being broke all the time...hence the military.

Quote:
Time to kick some butt Debs......you know it needs doing....keep strong.......or you will end up being "walked all over" ....you can do it and so can Ken.......tough love works....
hugs.gif

Quote:
Here, you can't find any boys who want to work and make money. I hired 2 boys last summer on the spot at the feed store who had been begging the owner for work. 2 hours later they phoned me back. "Our momma said we couldn't work for you. We can get a better job later." Ages 17 and 19. I am willing to pay $10/hr for honest labor and work. Do you really think they can make that at McD's?

Too many older teenagers think they are entitled to something they haven't earned. Too many who think they shouldn't have to work hard to earn what they get.

Send me your boy. Fair pay for fair work. I don't play games.

Sorry if I offend you. At that age your boys should be ashamed. I held a full time job from the time I was 16. MY oldest DD has always been made to work too. You learn to appreciate live a lot more when you have to work to pay for some of your keep.

Back
Top Bottom