I am now a true Texan--aka wierd foods

Quote:
Wasn't born here but got here as fast as I could..... Don't think there's enough money to make me leave now
hide.gif

Quote:
Hey now! Watch it!
tongue.png

I grew up off base in Florida! I wanna be down here were I'm normal and a southern drawl is not considered a sign of ignorance! You didn't get that in Chicago? They had me pegged as a southerner the second I opened my mouth!

Well, like I said, I've lived many places, including out of the country..plus, Chicago is considered home for me, so I'm biased.
wink.png
That said, go a little further outside of Chicago and it becomes really country, really quickly. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference between people who live out in the country in Illinois versus the country anywhere in the South.
Gotta love the Windy City....but right now I've loving Tejas as well. Gotta get some more Calf/lamb fries. Mmmmmm. I can't say that I'd eat them if anyone else made them. I only trust my own preparation. LOL.

Ok I am a Texas bred and born take being a Texan very serious lived in Idaho for a few years and that is where I had my first meal of calf fries. I pray that does not make me a Idhoan. Uncle Jack said look at it this way all you do is slice off a snack and the steer lives a few years longer
Piecemaker

I was born in Tx.(dad stationed at LAFB) and spent 4 yrs. there and am a huge fan of veggies(seriously-prefer that over meat). is there testosterones in testicles you cook? could that potentially mess you up if you ate it often? hairy back?
hmm.png

I am not originally from Texas, but it's home now, and I love the food here - have never tried claf fries, but I like lingua, and cabrito, oh and barbacoa. There is a song George Strait sings about Texas food - It's a good song about good food.

Back
Top Bottom