I am quickly becoming obsessed with chickens

I have done some research know all about addictions. obsessive compulsive behavior... lol
When all my funds go to chickens and finding ways and means to get more. i am addicted.
When they come before my family or job i am addicted.
Doing it because it's fun, challenging, rewarding... it's a love or passion.
My bed is still in the house and not in the coop.
cheers thanks for the great site.

Quote:
I hear you! This sping I went to a bird and game swap with my mother. SHe's the one with all sorts of poultry. I tried talking her into silkie chicks since a friend of mine raises them and I think they are so cute. Weell, she was looking for geese and didn't want more chickens, I know *shock no cmore chickens?* So instead of me talking her into them, she talked me into getting 2 chicks. I have a garden shed with two sections. I thought the smaller section would be a perfect chicken coop. So turned that into the coop and now wishing I had turned the bigger part into the coop. This was the first week of May mind you. Now I have plans for just buying a new garden shed and turning the second larger half into another chicken coop. I've orderd 7 chicks from My Pet Chicken due to arrive this coming week. (I'd put a Yippee Chickie here if I knew how) Then not satisfied with waiting for the new chicks, I borrowed my mother's incubator and now have 24 eggs due to hatch July 1. Blue Orps and silver laced cochins. (again yippee chickie) . So yes I hear you. have become a chicken freak! Already thinking of all the different silkies and cochins I can order next year and thinking of how to build new coops. Thank god I live on a farm with plenty of land...although my poor horses are losing more and more of their pasture to chicken runs.
smile.png

Oh, I feel you. I have nine birds from 10 to 17 weeks old. I have a small coop. I can not have more chickens. But still, I check craigslist several times a day and always read the chicken ads here. It is with great sorrow that I am not going to the chicken swap this morning. My DBF last night tells me, "you know, you talk about nothing but chickens. You just asked me to check out the feathers on a chickens butt!" My roo has developed saddle feathers and they're awesome! Why wouldnt' he want to look at them??

Back
Top Bottom