I am really concerned about my chickens!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Sorya C, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Sorya C

Sorya C Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2016
    Canada
    My Coop
    HELP!!! [​IMG]
    I have 3 Light Sussex chickens (2 months/2 month and a half years old) and about 2 weeks ago one of my chickens im not sure which [​IMG] has started to poo red/brown poo. I did another post and most people said it was Coccidiosis. But like i said it has been a little bit longer than 2 weeks and they are still acting normally except for one of them that has started to make these odd sounds, [​IMG] before they all made this happy (i guess) bird chirping sort of sound and now it sounds a little raspy or sick? Is it still Coccidiosis but like another symptom of it, or something else. I did other research and they said when chickens lay eggs they make wierd sounds but i dont think they are ready to lay eggs yet ( this one is a little less than 2 months) so please help!!!!!
    [​IMG]

2. orpington13

orpington13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2014
    Their voice is changing! It sounds scary at first, but it slowly develops into a cluck. If it sounds like it is crowing then you may have a rooster.

1 person likes this.
  3. Sorya C

Sorya C Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2016
    Canada
    My Coop
    The voice changes at 2 months about? Than im a little calmer! What do you mean by crowing and are there any other signs to detect if its a rooster?????? [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  4. orpington13

orpington13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2014
    Ohhhhhhh...

You said months, so that is what I thought.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by