I am so angry, I could scream!

Quote:
Strange thing, I talked to a few people who USED to work at the post office...
They said that people in the back would SLAM DUNK the boxes ON PURPOSE... mainly to see who can make the MOST shots!
And scary thing is, I have heard of this story from family and friends who all work at the PO (no longer do).

As for that, I got my book shipped in the same day the girl got her eggs AND my book was bashed! Lucky me, you can still READ a book
hmm.png
you don't neeed the hardback covers!!!
My neighbor got a STEEL container shipped in one of those thick industrial boxes and when he went to go pick up the box, the stuff inside the steel container was oozing out.
Another friend picked up something at the PO and all he got was his stuff... the box was so tattered it couldn't hold his item anymore. Lucky him, the seller wrapped it in plastic
hmm.png

I know it's not nice to bash the PO, but really now?!?!
hmm.png
I've received quite a few things that were trashed and scattered; I know it's the issues of shipping something so fragile as eggs, but just overall.
I'm sure more than we think that there are monkeys mishandling our boxes... but again, "Life happens" I"m just sad my box got trashed
sad.png

Quote:
That's total crap. What she should have said was "We are not responsible for the packages until they arrive to us." Personally, I take responsibility for all packages that I deliver.

Unfortunately, things do happen. The majority of us do not take the time or want to go around drop kicking boxes, contrary to what some people would have you believe. however, packages go through a lot of hands, trucks, etc. to get to where they belong and, honestly, I'm always amazed when eggs can get somewhere in one piece. I mean, we handle them so carefully from the barn or the grocery store to home, yet we think they can make it through shipping? And yet they do. Man, many times. I think I've only ever had a few boxes that had problems. The majority made it here awesomely.

Quote:
I have worked for the P.O for two years as a rural carrier and I have NEVER seen anyone do this. Your friends must work with some really crappy people or maybe I just work with great ones.

As far as making targets of everything that is marked fragile? That's total bunk. Maybe some morons do, but with any place, don't let a few bad apples or bad experiences make you judge the entire P.O. Just reading these posts, you should see...if they go through all of these ramps and stuff and then have big packages fall on the b/c they are behind them on the conveyor, how is that any person neglecting them? Obviously, that package is important to you, but it's one of thousands that is moved every day. It's special to you, but to them, it's another box that we are paid to get to it's proper location. MOST of us, try to take extra care with fragile packages, but I cannot do a darn thing to control what happens to it before it gets to me. (And I love the jerks that holler at ME b/c of what happened to the package before I got it. Some people are too ignorant for their own good.)

I am so sorry, and I am sure the purchaser understood.

I think it was just bad luck. My eggs usually come to me in great shape. Remember, this is the first time it has happened!

I just got some eggs from Taterschicken, came in great shape.

Her package was delightfully labeled. Good reading material for the PO.

My favorite was: OUCH! Bless my Eggy Breaky heart.

These things do seem just awful when they happen. This time next year it won't matter.
smile.png

Catherine

I used to write..
FRAGILE! Hatching eggs inside! Dont kill the babies! EASY! EASY!
lol.png

Last edited:
Unfortunately, if the "bad apples" are between me and the shipper, I am in trouble. It was my POSTMASTER who advised me not to apply fragile to my packages, (as well as the one preceding him, as it happens). I assume he had reason, since he is a reasonable guy.

I don't ship eggs any more, but every time I went in, the clerks that I worked with told me to write eggs on it.

As the carrier, my thing is, I WILL be more gentle with it if it says fragile. If it doesn't, I have no way of knowing that it needs to be handled gently and won't so much. It just gets packed in the car with the rest, including underneath some/heavier packages.

Amen Greyhorsewoman...post #23...Try living in another country before bashing our PO. I even try to send junk mail in the metered junk mail envelopes just to keep them financially viable. Ups did a horrible job for me delivering a Xmas Presnt to Canada. They charged me the duty and then held the present up for more duty on the other side. My friend had to pay for her own Xmas present!
somad.gif
Between the both of us screeching like stuck pigs....we got our $ back. Never use them again and told corporate allllll about it!
rant.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Are the eggs wrapped only in papertowels in the egg cartons? I realize the box took a hit, but if they had had more cushioning around them I doubt that that many would have broken. There was nothing but a paper towel to keep them from knocking into each other. On shipped eggs I have had the most broken eggs from eggs wrapped in papertowels and then placed into a carton. I've had some pretty mangled boxes but when the eggs are individually wrapped in bubble wrap they 99% of the time come thru it ok.

Back
Top Bottom