I AM SO ANGRY

I think Bobbie is right about not putting EGGS on the box. This is one of the mailing labels I print up and use on my eggs I ship out. So far, so good. I print them up several ways so they will be seen and each side of the box gets at least two or three, plus a "HOLD at P.O. Call Customer for PickUp" with a phone number. The P.O. has ignored that and delivered them anyway, so I usually think it's a good idea to just tell them to hold all your packages during the week you are expecting eggs.
FRAGILE.jpg

Jackie,
I hate to hear about your eggs. I hope everything works out OK.
My DD is really looking forward to seeing your black Japanese bantums. Let us know when everyone hatches out!

Wow, I never thought about ordering eggs from ebay. I just ordered eggs from Meyers for the first time and they were really wrapped and padded well shipped priority mail and the shipping was free.

So do many here ship fertile eggs? that is a good idea, because I wanted silkies but the hatchery didn't have any available at the time I ordered them. Probably more variety here.

Can anyone advise who ships the eggs and how they package them for future reference?

TJ

I'm really sorry that happened. I personally would post a negative feedback for the seller.

I have done it both ways, marking it with Fragile and Eggs and Perishable, Handle with care. I have also left the box blank. I have very few ruined shipments. The two I have had have gone to California. I now caution anyone in CA who wants my eggs that my experience in shipping there has not always been good. I did have one shipment that only one egg broke. I sent some with an unmarked box at the buyers request and he got 2 eggs out of 8 that were unbroken. The box was crushed the carton holding the eggs was damaged as well. In these cases, I think it is the result of going through major postal handleing centers where everything is more automated and boxes are not handled by many people. Machines can't read our lables or lack thereof.

Like Cyn, I spend a lot of time packaging my eggs and I send extras because of occasional breakage.

If you feel you seller failed to adequately package your eggs you should let them know and leave feedback to that effect after you notify the seller.

I am sorry you had this experience it really is dissapointing.

I received an email back from the person and he told me he would send me some more. He told me he had been shipping eggs for 8 yrs and never had problems BUT when I went back to look at his feedback he has had problem with broken eggs.

He told me I had no right to get "salty" about it. I guess that's a northern term. In the south we just get mad.
gig.gif
and of course he blamed it on his wife, isn't that always the case
lau.gif

At my post office if they don't have eggs on them for some reason the person won't let me pick the box up instead of it being delievered with my other mail. This is a new guy working there and I think he's in charge.

I will be looking forward to them. I ordered straight run black tail Jap Ban from My Pet and guess what I got all roosters!!! I know I'm not garenteed these will be girls either but it's worth the try..

I will keep you guys updated on the eggs.

Thanks for everyone's support
love.gif

jackie

Back
Top Bottom