I am so depressed the cat that helped with my predator control is gone

animals1981

Songster
11 Years
Jul 19, 2008
Toronto
My Coop
My Coop
I had a cat that hunted wesel, rats, snakes etc... Now he just vanished it really sucks. Most cats will not take the prey he did!

Anyone know how i could find another cat that will be as good as a hunter? HE was amazing at catching weasels!
sad.png

Last edited:
I would say, get another barn cat. That must have been a good cat. Don't give up yet though, I have an outdoor cat that has been gone for days, then just shows up.

Anyone know how i could find another cat that will be as good as a hunter? HE was amazing at catching weasels!

Sorry to hear that!
sad.png

If you don't have any other cats that they'd fight with ask at your local shelter. Our shelter doesn't adopt out feral or barn cats, but they do direct people that want those kinds of cats to a small local rescue that specializes in them. Around here SW WA it's called (I think) Working Cats Rescue.

How long has he been gone? Some of mine often dissapear for a few days at a time and I have one that is gone from late Spring until early Winter--I call her our 1/2 a cat because she's gone so much.​

So sorry about your good kitty! Thats why i wont let mine outside here..we have too many critters that will eat them.
sad.png
sorry about your kitty!
hugs.gif

We have a cat like that hes a great hunter. But like you also he disappeared on us so we thought. Hes still around he will come back for a little bit of human contact then we dont see him much. I guess he just likes to be by him self. Now we are starting to see his kids so hopefully he passed the hunting quailities on to them. Just keep a look out for your cat. The first time ours took off we didnt see him for about 3 months.

Back
Top Bottom