I am so nervous!! UPDATE: Girlies r in the new coop!!

Yay.. congrats on your girls!! WOW 28! I am convinced that this chicken thing is addicting.. but I have limited my self to 9 hens.. with the possibility of getting a rooster again some day.. 10 in all.

Good Luck on your big day.. I loved reading the post!

Quote:
Thank u!!!!!!!! I have 28 chicks...and there is a possibility that 1 or 2 r roosters...I hope no more than that!!
fl.gif
We never would have got that many if I didn't have that old smokehouse already! LOL We figured if we could fill the coop...might as well!!
he.gif

OMG
D.gif
OMG
D.gif
OMG
D.gif
my girlies went out in the big girl run and coop today!
barnie.gif
They really liked the run!
yippiechickie.gif
We had to chase and catch them to put them in the coop!
D.gif
Every1 went in and I think they were just kind of in shock...most of them layed down and just kind of looked around!
cool.png
I'm so nervous!
barnie.gif
I'm sure I'm gonna b out there NUMEROUS times tonight checking on them!
hmm.png
My babies r growing up so fast!
love.gif

Ok...I made my first trip out to the coop to check the girlies. They were all laying down and a bunch of them were in front of the outside door! I had to stir them up to get them back from the door so I could close the other door so no predators could get them tonight. I turned the light off (soft 40 watt bulb about 12 feet above them) and they were very unhappy. I turned the light back on and shut the inner door and came back inside.
hide.gif
I hope they can sleep ok til I can get a softer light! I'm not turning the light off because on Monday I had to cull one of my beautiful polish chicks because I was weaning them off the light and I think she got piled on during the night and broke her back.

I can't sleep! I'm worried about my girlies being too hot! They r almost 7, 8, 9 weeks old. I know they need to b out there...but I'm worried. Does every1 keep the food inside or outside?

gotta keep the food outside in a galvanized container with a lid! or you WILL get mice, rats, etc.

dont be nervous! enjoy!

what temp is it outside?

How exciting to have them out in the new coop! I'm excited to be building my coop, but I have a long time before my girls (hopefully girls;)) are ready to go out. I'm sure the time will be here before I know it, though! Good luck tonight!

Just a word of wisdom from my own experience...it will b time for them to go out long b4 u r ready if u don't really devote time to buildinng the coop and run! LOL We had to work for two solid days to finish everything up so they could go outside! Good luck!!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom