I am soooooo SAD... Tommy is gone! :0(

Chicken Junkies

Songster
9 Years
Jan 1, 2011
Eastern Panhandle of WV.
My Coop
My Coop
Came home from delivering some chickens today and my Tommy, a Bourbon Red tom was gone, along with Rolanda, our Royal Palm hen. We flew eggs in from CO. and hatched Tommy and Tammy about 5 months ago. Got the Royal Palms a couple months later from a friend as poults. Tommy was just a special turkey, always so bright and tame. You couldn't go outside without him flying up on your arm or shoulder. Always checking out my buttons and helping me in the garden. He knew their might be an occasional buggie for him.

We were only gone about an hour, so didn't set security. What a mistake. As we were leaving, he was standing beside the car whistling to me. When we got back it was quiet, no Tommy running to greet us. We searched the whole 22 acres with the dogs. Didn't even find a feather. The dogs always find where predators do their deal, but this time, they just kept going to our driveway, circling and sniffing. A car had obviously been there. When it left, they took Tommy and Rolanda, not hard to do as Tommy loved to greet everyone and she followed him everywhere. Just glad the other two didn't come out.

I put off tucking the chickens and other birds in as long as I could tonight, hoping that when I went out they'd be there, waiting for me on top of the Peacock aviary like always. But... it was quiet and sad. No whistling and chirping to wish me good night. Tammy and Roy were tucked away in the coop. No more perching outdoors, back to the hot old coop for them. They called for their buddies all afternoon and seemed so confused. What a sad day. I can't believe people can be so cruel. Tommy wasn't meant for Thanksgiving... he was SPECIAL!

If anyone hears anything about these two, PLEASE, let me know. I miss my Tommy.
hit.gif

74976_dsc07403.jpg

Tommy checking out the new baby chicks.

Last edited:
I am so sorry. That is just terrible... do you have any idea who might have had a reason to come onto your property? That is pretty bold.

Somebody who knew you had left, knew you had a turkey, knew he would be easy to catch, knew the dogs wouldn't hurt them.. I suspect someone you know. What kind of neighbors do you have? Or neighbor's with shady friends? So sad.
sad.png

barnie.gif
I hate people who do that. I had someone come and take my favorite hen. Weird was a crazy girl but she always followed me around and helped me garden. Some people just don't care. My chickens are not meant for dinner. They are all my pets. So very Sorry that you lost your Tommy and Roy. People are really cruel at time and have not reguard to other peoples feelings
somad.gif

Back
Top Bottom