I am steaming mad at the idiocy of people.

Another more recent report says that they also took an 8 year old dog that is diabetic.
sad.png

that is so sad. Be sure to notify all vets offices, even those an hour or more away.

I'll say again, though, that it is just as likely to be someone they have never seen before. Someone who just drove by and saw the pups (or even one of the older dogs) outside. Or someone who heard a friend say "my neighbor has the cutest lil puppies!!" It's really sad that the world has come to this.

Here, we've even had people steal yorkies when they broke into the house to steal something else. One guy had a multiple arrest record for stealing drugs. He took the dog as a gift to his girlfriend, just because it was there.

That's so disgusting
somad.gif

In my experience people steal dogs like that for puppy mills, bait dogs for pitbull fighting
rant.gif
or to make a quick buck.

A few years ago in next town over from me someone stole a litter of german shepherd pups that were 6 or 7 weeks old, the mother herself was a show winning AKC dog and the pups were worth something like 6 or 700$ a piece., the Father, who was also on the property himself was worth over 1k. I believe.

ANYWAYS, the police found the pups a few days later when whoever stole them was trying to sell them in the paper as HUSKIES!, I mean, SERIOUSLY? and the funny bit was, it was a police officer who went to look at the pups because his daughter wanted a husky
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

Last edited:
Ugh.

Some folks that own a business here had their little dog stolen from the yard behind the office. They had some suspicions about a family that had been in around the same time. They checked their credit card receipts and found their name. The police downstate (200 miles away) went and knocked on those people's door, and there was the dog! They were so lucky to get him back.

It's such a sad state that anyone would steal your dogs....... but these days it seems they will steal anything that isn't nailed, bolted, or locked down. I worry about my chickens, my neighbor has has Mongs come up there and stole all kinds of birds, from her chickens to her turkey's, and even the quinnies, thou how they caught them is beyond me, her birds are not tame, some are caged up though. I have even had nightmares about someone stealing my horses.
Funny thing is not so very long ago, It never occurred to me to worry such things way out here, untill my garage was broken into, and tools and my saddles were stolen, I really hate that people think they can just do what they want.......Now if they try they will find a very nice surprise waiting when they open my garage doors, a nice big Shepard/ Husky cross, waiting to have a midnight snack.......

Last edited:
They just might find the puppies for sale on Craigslist. The problem with selling anything anymore is showing it to people you don't know. You just don't know anymore if a person is there to buy or is just casing your place. When you are selling high priced in demand puppies you really need to think twice about letting people into your home. ;
When someone asks me if one of my dogs is a biter I always say yes! When I am selling a farm animal I never let anyone into my barn. I have the animal outside where they can see it.
Has anyone ever emailed a person selling on Craigslist and they gave you way more information than you needed to know about their personal lives? Like what shift the hubby works and when someone is at home and what kind of car they drive?
Most people are basically honest and until they are robbed...or worse...consider everyone else to be honest too. It's sad to be a cynic but anymore a person has to be to protect themselves.
I hope they find the puppies healthy and happy.

Back
Top Bottom