I am " the dog"

justusnak

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Feb 28, 2007
South Eastern Indiana
I am the dog. I was born what seems in my life as a long time ago, but was probably more like 2 or 3 years ago in human life. I was most likely, one of many. My mother nurtured me, fed me,cleaned me, and kept me safe and warm. I am the dog....that as a pup...was selected by a " loveing human" Most likely a child squealed in excitement when they saw me. I am the dog, that wagged my tail when my master came home, and slept at thier feet. I am the dog, who alerted them of dangers. These dangers might have been a knock at the door, a mailman, or another animal that was " trespassing" in our yard. I am the dog...that when times got tough for my human and they had to move, I was left behind to "fend for myself" I am the dog, who wanders from place to place, sometimes getting a pat on the head and sometimes getting angry shouts, and rocks thrown at me. I am the dog..who was fed by a stranger, given water on a hot summer day, and scratched on my head when I came around. Sadly...I am the dog...that lay lifeless on the side of the road. I might have been chaseing a rabbit, or some " meal" because I was hungry.

This was written by me today....." the dog" is a stray..we called Rocket dog. He was thrown out, to fend for himself...he would not be contained. He was scared, alone, and hungry most of the time. We put food out when we saw him..and water...but could never keep him contained. Sadly, on my way to town this morning...Rocket dog, was laying lifeless on the side of the road. RIP little guy. You will suffer no more.

hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
...such a sad story!...why DO people do that to animals..just abandon them?..at least bring them to a shelter..or something!..this is the kind of thing that breaks my heart..over and over again..

It made me cry. I could never ever think of leaving any of my babies behind. What a sorry world this is isn't it. People suck. Well not all people but most of them any way.

I'm considered mean because I call animal control to pick up abandoned dogs and cats. I'd rather they were put down quickly then lay suffering on the side of the road as they die slowly and painfully. Or worse yet, when they are still in the middle of the road with a broken back, laying there unable to move and get out of the way as cars whiz by and run over them over and over again, or their legs, or their tails. No one deserves that. Call and have them picked up, it's much more kind.

you did what you could, you were the ray of hope for that dog who was thrown into a chaotic confusing world, it just wasn't in the cards for him due to a series of unfortunate events replayed daily across this country. still you did more then most and and asked nothing in return. RIP Rocket Dog.

Oh that is so sad! No animal should have to suffer like that. There are so many people who adopt an animal, then for whatever reason set them free, thinking they will fend for themselves. But these domesticated animals can't. They have been programmed to depend on people.

You did what you could, and have inspired us all to do better. So very sorry for your loss. Your story sent tears down my face. So sorry. Poor Rocket Dog. At least he had you.

Quote:
im considered a little boy (even though... im not very little 14 years old and 6 foot
tongue.png
). That loves animals too much by my parents. If i see a cat/Dog. chicken. Etc as a stray... i also have to go play with them. eventually bring them home. "nurse" them back to health. and from there i give them to a good home (NO animal Shelters). Or keep them myself... Sadly its mostly myself
big_smile.png
i get attached to them too easily.

-Daniel

Last edited:
Our animal controll leaves a lot to be desired. I called them when Rocket first showed up. They said I would have to catch the dog...tie it up, and hold it till they could get out here. Could be several days. We live about 20 miles from town. I tried to get him in the truck...he wouldnt budge...stiff legs...head down...I didnt want to get bit. So, I opted for the other thing...feed and water him...and try to keep him close. Didnt work. At least now he wont suffer through a cold hard winter. I was worried about that before.

Back
Top Bottom