I BEG you! Please help me!

If she had mites in her ear as you suspect, she would be shaking her head and scratching her ear. Hence the scab you observed. Use an eyedropper to put a few drops of olive oil or vegetable oil in her ears to smother mites, dust wont work.
GRAPHIC PICS
See figure 197 for a photo of wet fowl pox in this link:
http://www.fao.org/docrep/003/t0756e/T0756E08.htm#ch7.3.1

Last edited:
sounds like your chic is really sick with a cold.very hard to cure! I lost all my chics to the same 2yrs ago:-( There is a medication I tried, but I really waited too late to give them the medication.Ask your local tractor supply or feed store about a medication and let them know about your chic's condition. they may be able to help better. Good luck!

Forgot to mention, I spoke with the pathologist and he said that gapes are rare in chickens and didn't know off the top of his head how to treat for them.

I don't think gapeworm either now. the more I think about it I think it has something to do with the ear. I did put vegetable oil in it when I noticed lice/mites last Saturday. her ear area got worse since then. maybe inner ear infection. at least she was eating today. I started some ff so gave her some of that. she really liked it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom