I bit the scorpion bug.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by hypnofrogstevie, Jun 19, 2008.

1. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Just bought a emperor scorpion from someone and I got a freebee. The freebee is another scorpion which i chose a FL scorpion. Need some quick care tips like food and general care. [​IMG] Thank you

2. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    A quick tip would be don't let them sting you. [​IMG]

3. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    lol thanks. They are just for show like my leopard gecko. I am so excited about this. I cant wait for them to be shipped out on monday. [​IMG]

4. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Congratulations on your new "bugs" [​IMG]

Do you know the latin name on the FL species? I can probably dig up a caresheet for you ..or type one out real quick, if I know exactly what you're getting.

Hope you're gonna post some pics!

5. Finn

Finn Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2008
    Burnett County , Wi
    If I remember high school (barely,it was the jurassic era) the one in science class (next to the tarantula) had a shallow petri dish for water and was fed crickets and mealworms,otherwise Google "feeding scorpions",you should get a million or so hits,give us a pic or two.

Edit to note: I just googled "emperor scorpions" and this site came up first,at a quick glance it should help you out. http:/home.mindspring.com/

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  6. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Quote:[​IMG] That's a good one! [​IMG]

7. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Thanks for the tips and the site [​IMG]. I dont know the name of the FL species but I hope its the bark scorpion. I will add some pics and a youtube vid of them feeding. I have to get another tank setup cause I want the death stalker scorpion which has ultra-potent venom.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by