I blame ALL of you!!!

Quote:
I have a roo. He's the most awesome thing. We eat our fill of eggs and sell the rest.
You can have them caponized (sp?) or un-roo'd. It's kinda expensive and not a nice operation from the roo's standpoint.
Can't do anything about the cock-a-doodle-doo. Not sure if the operation takes that away or not. That's one of my favorite parts of having a roo.
smile.png

I found a good pet home for my extra roos no problem. However, I do live in the country.

Quote:
Yeah! Yeah! They come in batches of 25, so you get 25 - 50 - 75 and so on and so forth.
Just think about it. If you get one chick, you may be leaving its very best friend in the whole wide world behind. How could you do something like that to a sweet little chick??? And of course, chicks have more than one friend.....

that would be horrible not buying that chicks best friend that would be why i bought 15 haha 2 hopped in the box by them self

You need way more than just 1 of each breed. You need like 2-3 of each breed you want. If something happens to 1 you lose all of that breed and then to get another baby chick it takes that much longer for it to grow up. We were going to get 20 when we first talked on getting chicks, NOW we have LOTS and LOTS of chicks. So think, what happens if all 3 of your chicks are roosters?
Anyways, although it is BYC's fault it really isn't. Believe me it doesn't work to blame others. There is absolutely no cure for this, it is something you must live with. As hard as it is, you will learn that it doesn't go away and that it gets worse and worse. Soon your neighbors will call you the chicken lady, the one with all the chicks.

Quote:
My neighbors have WAY MORE chickens then I do...so THEY are the chicken folks on our road! LOL
lol.png
I think they get some crazy amount like 300 eggs every other week and they only come up to their 'country home' on the weekends! So the ranch hand is always giving me eggs...hence the reason the 'egg' part is not #1 priority, but rather having PETS is...however if it's a roo, I don't think they'd take him...I've already thought of just popping him in their run and hoping for the best...LOL but I think they have a rooster already...can you have plenty or would mass fighting happen? Maybe that plan could hatch after all???
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom