I blame ALL of you!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by m2wandc, Apr 22, 2009.

1. m2wandc

m2wandc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Sooo I got my two little chicks, I'm happy content...and then there is all this talk of mortality rates, addcitions, etc....soooo I get a sense of panic...and the addiction is happening! UGH! [​IMG]

And I blame you all! LOL [​IMG]

I just got off the phone with another feed store and here's the deal...IF I got a third...it would be a 'frizzle'....any comments on those...besides they are freek'n CUTE!!!!!!! [​IMG]

friendly????

I don't really care about the eggs...it's second in line...my main concern is they are heavy (not likely to fly unless spooked) they are friendly and not spooked easily.

Oh you guys are sooo busted if I end up getting ANOTHER chick this week! [​IMG]

2. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    Frizzle is a feather type. You need to find out the breed to know it's possible temperment. But Frizzles wing feathers are frizzled too so even the banties don't fly well if at all.

I'd definitely get at least 1 more if not 2, just in case.

3. JamesA

JamesA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Cedartown Georgia
    You Need that new Chick!!! [​IMG]

4. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Yeah... I thought I was just getting 6 and now somehow ended up with 17???

I love the way frizzles look, but like the pp said you need to find out the breed to have an idea of the temperment. [​IMG]

5. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    Quote:You people are looking at this ALL wrong!! He doesn't just need that chick, he needs a whole bunch....think of the terrible mortality rates! [​IMG] He needs QUITE a few as back ups, that way at least 2 will make it to adulthood. [​IMG]

6. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    It is so cute and you know you need to get it so you are sure it has a good home and is very spoiled!

7. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    You can try to blame everyone here but I know from experience it doesn't work. "The people on the chicken forum told me to" also doesn't seem to count as a good excuse when said to your boyfriend or husband. [​IMG]

Like said anything can be a frizzle. I've seen frizzle seramas.

8. m2wandc

m2wandc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    I just called and they are going to hold a blue frizzle if they get a blue one (it's a mixed batch) and if there aren't any blues, he's going to call me [​IMG]

My one main concern NOW is: you can't sex frizzles??? I don't want a rooster!!! Is that true, you can't sex them??? WHY???

9. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    One new chick? Hey, did you know that you can get them delivered 25 at a time? [​IMG]

10. Turtle

Turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Lyles,TN
    You are just at the beginning of the addiction [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by