I bought 4 Ameraucana pullets but ...

I love my EEs, ordered 18 of them this spring. Had a little attrition due to shipping losses (-2) and not all being pullets (-3) so I have 13 left. I've had other breeds over the years but I just really like EEs for a number of reasons. They're good foragers, personable with other breeds, calm and easy to handle if I need to, good layers even into their senior years, and of course I love the blue and green eggs.

I've not seen these colors or markings. They have the muff and beards some more than others as they are young approx 4 months old. Any idea what mix they could be if not Ameraucana? They are pretty and interesting so I won't be disappointed. Just want to know what we have here. Thanks!
Easter eggers!!!I!s weirdly ironic u posted this because I was told I bought three americauna and they are not.. They are real Easter eggers they have greenish legs but coloring if it can't be found for a specific breed marker, usually indicative of one type of colored egg laying chickens.. Could be aracana too but I'd say eggers but only reason I found out what mine were was I have a partridge colored one and eggers have a color called partridge n green legs do not mean definitely eggers cuz aracana also have greenish legs but I learned yesterday that tractor supply doesn't have a clue up here... I'm in northern Maine (may as well say Canada) so they get away with it cuz I don't think anyone even close in my county even, that are into chickens like me, but I'd be pissed if i was breeding specifically but I'm not but I DO feel lucky to get eggers.. they are stunningly gorgeous at six wks.. I can just imagine mature but gosh i feel blessed to get eggers ..I have12 chicks n 3 are eggers..I pictured some for sex identity in a thread cuz I think I have a rooster outta the 3 ... the six she got Were not bought as def hens I guess (my mom in law got them for me) but my very first six were..all hens... and I replaced one that died two hrs after getting home n I ended up with an orpington hen by accident someone just gave me the ugliest looking chicks but oh the ugly ducking is a swan !!a!she's the dutchess cuz she's PERFECT-T-T lol... The BLK austrolorps i have four and they are growing into a stunning green shimmer on their BLK feathers in the sun... i have two pullets definitely...n two Cockerel..i have two NH red pullets two comet pullets One of the pics is of Mr. umm wait, miss big ??? Almost all grey but really looks lav/blue ** I did post a thread inquiring** but am dying to know if I'm right.. First picture of two birds together is my partridge (brownish color) and the dark lavender bluish one (is that partridge colored one is a Cockerel???) hackle is reason I ask.. It's pretty good pic n I see a difference... both of the dark n light are exactly the same the brown one is not nope...roo I suspect so the two that are in one pic if both are diff sex I know what the third one is cuz it's exactly the same as the dark .. I'm sucha newbie plz bare with me..but the brown has pointy needly hackle, I'm hoping I only have one roo (brown one) cuz if it is a roo the other two are pullets but they are all more aggressive n not as friendly as my others but the lightest out of the three ("americaunas" ya right..idiots lol) if it is in fact a pullet she's gonna crow like a roo.. she already is kinda and displays dominance so it's possible n she's big but feathers are pointy but more blunt roundish compared to the browns hackle and also Tru with the silver blue lavender (was called mr big cuz it's my biggest bird)..in fact for six wks old plus u would think it's a dog the way it wags it's tail... alot.. Like my ducks do.. the other one it's opposite twin lol is not as big but not as small as the brown one (danged if it don't look like a freaking partridge) the brown is more on bantam side.. In person, in living color that is, the birds are blue n lavender n brown mixed (2 of them) but opposite each other kinda cuz ones darker n other is silverish blue Cross purple with not much blk.. If it was an americauna a light head vs body would show sex they say, but not so true with eggers I guess?? Hackle is only thing noticible right now
IMG_20190625_091508026_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
IMG_20190625_091205267.jpg

You have some lovely Easter Egger pullets.

I've not seen these colors or markings. They have the muff and beards some more than others as they are young approx 4 months old. Any idea what mix they could be if not Ameraucana? They are pretty and interesting so I won't be disappointed. Just want to know what we have here. Thanks!
Easter eggers!!!I!s weirdly ironic u posted this because I was told I bought three americauna and they are not.. They are real Easter eggers they have greenish legs but coloring if it can't be found for a specific breed marker, usually indicative of one type of colored egg laying chickens.. Could be aracana too but I'd say eggers but only reason I found out what mine were was I have a partridge colored one and eggers have a color called partridge n green legs do not mean definitely eggers cuz aracana also have greenish legs but I learned yesterday that tractor supply doesn't have a clue up here... I'm in northern Maine (may as well say Canada) so they get away with it cuz I don't think anyone even close in my county even, that are into chickens like me, but I'd be pissed if i was breeding specifically but I'm not but I DO feel lucky to get eggers.. they are stunningly gorgeous at six wks.. I can just imagine mature but gosh i feel blessed to get eggers ..I have12 chicks n 3 are eggers..I pictured some for sex identity in a thread cuz I think I have a rooster outta the 3 ... the six she got Were not bought as def hens I guess (my mom in law got them for me) but my very first six were..all hens... and I replaced one that died two hrs after getting home n I ended up with an orpington hen by accident someone just gave me the ugliest looking chicks but oh the ugly ducking is a swan !!a!she's the dutchess cuz she's PERFECT-T-T lol... The BLK austrolorps i have four and they are growing into a stunning green shimmer on their BLK feathers in the sun... i have two pullets definitely...n two Cockerel..i have two NH red pullets two comet pullets One of the pics is of Mr. umm wait, miss big ??? Almost all grey but really looks lav/blue ** I did post a thread inquiring** but am dying to know if I'm right.. First picture of two birds together is my partridge (brownish color) and the dark lavender bluish one (is that partridge colored one is a Cockerel???) hackle is reason I ask.. It's pretty good pic n I see a difference... both of the dark n light are exactly the same the brown one is not nope...roo I suspect so the two that are in one pic if both are diff sex I know what the third one is cuz it's exactly the same as the dark .. I'm sucha newbie plz bare with me..but the brown has pointy needly hackle, I'm hoping I only have one roo (brown one) cuz if it is a roo the other two are pullets but they are all more aggressive n not as friendly as my others but the lightest out of the three ("americaunas" ya right..idiots lol) if it is in fact a pullet she's gonna crow like a roo.. she already is kinda and displays dominance so it's possible n she's big but feathers are pointy but more blunt roundish compared to the browns hackle and also Tru with the silver blue lavender (was called mr big cuz it's my biggest bird)..in fact for six wks old plus u would think it's a dog the way it wags it's tail... alot.. Like my ducks do.. the other one it's opposite twin lol is not as big but not as small as the brown one (danged if it don't look like a freaking partridge) the brown is more on bantam side.. In person, in living color that is, the birds are blue n lavender n brown mixed (2 of them) but opposite each other kinda cuz ones darker n other is silverish blue Cross purple with not much blk.. If it was an americauna a light head vs body would show sex they say, but not so true with eggers I guess?? Hackle is only thing noticible right nowView attachment 1825124 View attachment 1825125

Easter eggers!!!I!s weirdly ironic u posted this because I was told I bought three americauna and they are not.. They are real Easter eggers they have greenish legs but coloring if it can't be found for a specific breed marker, usually indicative of one type of colored egg laying chickens.. Could be aracana too but I'd say eggers but only reason I found out what mine were was I have a partridge colored one and eggers have a color called partridge n green legs do not mean definitely eggers cuz aracana also have greenish legs but I learned yesterday that tractor supply doesn't have a clue up here... I'm in northern Maine (may as well say Canada) so they get away with it cuz I don't think anyone even close in my county even, that are into chickens like me, but I'd be pissed if i was breeding specifically but I'm not but I DO feel lucky to get eggers.. they are stunningly gorgeous at six wks.. I can just imagine mature but gosh i feel blessed to get eggers ..I have12 chicks n 3 are eggers..I pictured some for sex identity in a thread cuz I think I have a rooster outta the 3 ... the six she got Were not bought as def hens I guess (my mom in law got them for me) but my very first six were..all hens... and I replaced one that died two hrs after getting home n I ended up with an orpington hen by accident someone just gave me the ugliest looking chicks but oh the ugly ducking is a swan !!a!she's the dutchess cuz she's PERFECT-T-T lol... The BLK austrolorps i have four and they are growing into a stunning green shimmer on their BLK feathers in the sun... i have two pullets definitely...n two Cockerel..i have two NH red pullets two comet pullets One of the pics is of Mr. umm wait, miss big ??? Almost all grey but really looks lav/blue ** I did post a thread inquiring** but am dying to know if I'm right.. First picture of two birds together is my partridge (brownish color) and the dark lavender bluish one (is that partridge colored one is a Cockerel???) hackle is reason I ask.. It's pretty good pic n I see a difference... both of the dark n light are exactly the same the brown one is not nope...roo I suspect so the two that are in one pic if both are diff sex I know what the third one is cuz it's exactly the same as the dark .. I'm sucha newbie plz bare with me..but the brown has pointy needly hackle, I'm hoping I only have one roo (brown one) cuz if it is a roo the other two are pullets but they are all more aggressive n not as friendly as my others but the lightest out of the three ("americaunas" ya right..idiots lol) if it is in fact a pullet she's gonna crow like a roo.. she already is kinda and displays dominance so it's possible n she's big but feathers are pointy but more blunt roundish compared to the browns hackle and also Tru with the silver blue lavender (was called mr big cuz it's my biggest bird)..in fact for six wks old plus u would think it's a dog the way it wags it's tail... alot.. Like my ducks do.. the other one it's opposite twin lol is not as big but not as small as the brown one (danged if it don't look like a freaking partridge) the brown is more on bantam side.. In person, in living color that is, the birds are blue n lavender n brown mixed (2 of them) but opposite each other kinda cuz ones darker n other is silverish blue Cross purple with not much blk.. If it was an americauna a light head vs body would show sex they say, but not so true with eggers I guess?? Hackle is only thing noticible right nowView attachment 1825124 View attachment 1825125
Are all 3?? The brown has distinctly pointer hackle than the other two.. I'm really hoping I have a roo not that I'm lacking any if those I have two definite cocks ..I'm living this chicken thing.. chickening lol...I also own the chicken herding cat Oliver he's an intact one year old coon cross has adopted all 12 chicks but he's a killer of lil cute furry stuff (I hate it) and even winged critters aren't safe if flying too low cuz he gets em n about two red squirrels a WK.. He's aweful... But not to the chicks.. thankfully greatful

Could be aracana too but I'd say eggers but only reason I found out what mine were was I have a partridge colored one and eggers have a color called partridge n green legs do not mean definitely eggers cuz aracana also have greenish legs but I learned yesterday that tractor supply doesn't have a clue up here...View attachment 1825124 View attachment 1825125

Definitely not araucana. Not by any stretch.
Easter eggers don't come in any prescribed color, since they aren't a breed. They can come in any color or pattern, come in any leg color, any comb shape.... They're crosses that are made to get a green or blue egg. Often times, hatcheries breed their EE together for generations, and probably originated with ameraucana stock, but aren't ameraucana anymore since they don't follow the breed standards.

That said, araucana are rumpless, tufted (as opposed to muffed) and are also a breed that follows a standard. Yes they tend to have willow colored legs, but that's something minor compared to the rumpless and tufted. Also, they're quite rare, so tend to cost quite a bit of money. I just paid over $100 for three araucana, and two of them were project colors.

Definitely not araucana. Not by any stretch.
Easter eggers don't come in any prescribed color, since they aren't a breed. They can come in any color or pattern, come in any leg color, any comb shape.... They're crosses that are made to get a green or blue egg. Often times, hatcheries breed their EE together for generations, and probably originated with ameraucana stock, but aren't ameraucana anymore since they don't follow the breed standards.

That said, araucana are rumpless, tufted (as opposed to muffed) and are also a breed that follows a standard. Yes they tend to have willow colored legs, but that's something minor compared to the rumpless and tufted. Also, they're quite rare, so tend to cost quite a bit of money. I just paid over $100 for three araucana, and two of them were project colors.
Is it cool if I follow u...I just learned more in that one reply than I have all year n answered a crapload of questions one being breeds..I'm sooo uneducated but that's why I joined... Leg color I find in like 10 spots but I'm sure mine are not pure or if they are it's no matter..I'm an animal hobbyist I guess even tho it's more pleasure than work taking care of livestock or barnyard animals is therapy I require n crave so this brood of 12 keeps me busy but I'm loving it and I'm here to learn... Correct me if I'm ever wrong I'll try to not offer any advice since I really have none to offer really ... Like an old timer in AA once told me long time ago cotton outta ears and into mouth... Another words close my mouth n listen I may actually learn something...thank u soooo much

Back
Top Bottom