I bought 4 Ameraucana pullets but ...

Is it cool if I follow u...I just learned more in that one reply than I have all year n answered a crapload of questions one being breeds..I'm sooo uneducated but that's why I joined... Leg color I find in like 10 spots but I'm sure mine are not pure or if they are it's no matter..I'm an animal hobbyist I guess even tho it's more pleasure than work taking care of livestock or barnyard animals is therapy I require n crave so this brood of 12 keeps me busy but I'm loving it and I'm here to learn... Correct me if I'm ever wrong I'll try to not offer any advice since I really have none to offer really ... Like an old timer in AA once told me long time ago cotton outta ears and into mouth... Another words close my mouth n listen I may actually learn something...thank u soooo much

entirely up to you, if you follow me.
Your birds are pure bred easter eggers that probably came from Hoover's Hatchery. As a result of being bred EE to EE several generations, they will have some consistencies. That said, I have two EEs at home. One is a hatchery bird with lovely green legs, but no muffs or beard. My other EE is an Ameraucana crossed with an Araucana, technically an EE. She has slate legs and would have very full muffs and beard, but the other hens in my flock love to eat it.

I'm thrilled I didn't know a bit about them I did think that EE was also referred to as americauna.. Today I learned tons

Actually, check out your spelling. AmerIcana is a Hatchery spelling and usually indicates that they're EE. AmerAUcana is the proper breed spelling. Then... Saying you have a Lavendar or a Blue Wheaton Ameraucana... that's even more proper.

Definitely not araucana. Not by any stretch.
Easter eggers don't come in any prescribed color, since they aren't a breed. They can come in any color or pattern, come in any leg color, any comb shape.... They're crosses that are made to get a green or blue egg. Often times, hatcheries breed their EE together for generations, and probably originated with ameraucana stock, but aren't ameraucana anymore since they don't follow the breed standards.

That said, araucana are rumpless, tufted (as opposed to muffed) and are also a breed that follows a standard. Yes they tend to have willow colored legs, but that's something minor compared to the rumpless and tufted. Also, they're quite rare, so tend to cost quite a bit of money. I just paid over $100 for three araucana, and two of them were project colors.
This is great... If they are all pullets I have black austrolorp roosters and maybe a NH red...can u tell how good they are I think the Pple that sexed my one run were drunk... mom in law lol doesn't know any more than me but at least I've actually did the chickening thang quite a bit but dang I love this site is bomb... Bring in the knowledge I'm in every forum n find this very good place to learn from Pple that are chickening as we speak... smiley

the first one I got back when I started has been tried and true, very healthy, kid friendly, still a good layer at two and a half years old. I suspected when searching for ameraucana pullets I would be taking a risk but they are going to be very pretty.[/QUOTE
So i look at it like a surprise like Xmas or a grab bag gift lol.. they are with it no matter what u get

IMG_20190626_075711709.jpg
I'm thrilled I didn't know a bit about them I did think that EE was also referred to as americauna.. Today I learned tons
Straight up crazy over the three eggers... I did get closer shot of the browns very distinct and much sharper hackle than the other two have..their stance and waddlish gait while he's a straight in line lightning bolt.. Totally different gait..guess Gunna have o wait n see n I don't do waiting well but it'll be a fun surprise...** Secretly hoping)** if it is a pullet can it change on command?? Want to breed it if a boy... Right now everybody at 6 weeks old is pretty much displaying rooster Behavior because they are confused on what they are because they're too young to know, so everybody's kind of doing this karate kid crap kicking at each other and loud squawks and for the most part though they don't fight but every now and then they all will go at it...my Blu black lavender is magnificent and the silver Blu smoke one is gonna be big ...
IMG_20190626_075711709.jpg
IMG_20190626_075711709.jpg IMG_20190626_075649461.jpg IMG_20190626_075711709.jpg IMG_20190626_075649461.jpg IMG_20190626_105935837_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg this freakin sharp ass hackle tho... The other two are different even wings he's lean n clean lines they are choppier blunter n just their gait their temperment screams girls the brown one not so much... Guts saying one Cockerel still... Not cuz I hoped it was it's cuz I can't unsee the difference..lol... Ugh live them no matter what but I'm daydreaming of NH red eggers n buff orpington eggers etc ..

I love my EEs, ordered 18 of them this spring. Had a little attrition due to shipping losses (-2) and not all being pullets (-3) so I have 13 left. I've had other breeds over the years but I just really like EEs for a number of reasons. They're good foragers, personable with other breeds, calm and easy to handle if I need to, good layers even into their senior years, and of course I love the blue and green eggs.
I'm rather impressed with their want for natural forage food vs anything else... They are hunters scratchers and actually move things to retrieve worms s...smart

entirely up to you, if you follow me.
Your birds are pure bred easter eggers that probably came from Hoover's Hatchery. As a result of being bred EE to EE several generations, they will have some consistencies. That said, I have two EEs at home. One is a hatchery bird with lovely green legs, but no muffs or beard. My other EE is an Ameraucana crossed with an Araucana, technically an EE. She has slate legs and would have very full muffs and beard, but the other hens in my flock love to eat it.
I'm crazy nuts about them since I learned about what they were cus I was mixed up on thinking the was three types eggers, being one, but I'm gullible

I've not seen these colors or markings. They have the muff and beards some more than others as they are young approx 4 months old. Any idea what mix they could be if not Ameraucana? They are pretty and interesting so I won't be disappointed. Just want to know what we have here. Thanks!
Well one thing's for sure: those are some stunning girls. You done good!

Back
Top Bottom