I came back to the farm today and found this........what is it?

Quote:
OH stop that. Isolate the pretty boy and do some research. If he was used in fighting his comb would be dubed.

Give him some time to get to know ya.

Dubbing aside, if he was used for fighting he'd be torn up somewhere or somehow if he was a loser, adn if he was a winner I doubt he'd be dropped on your porch.

DEFINITELY give the guy some time to calm down and get to know you, unless you just can't have another rooster in which case: craigslist him or eat him

His legs were yellow like normal, and no thanks im not keeping him, he's already in that truck on the way to auction.....I don't know a thing about him, where he came from or who he came from, and i don't want to know. Time to put a sign up, no dropping birds off without calling my # first.

The nerve of some people...

And BTW it could be a fighting roo, we have a lil problem with that around here.

sent you a PM. im in the town over from you - i think i almost bought guinea hens from you the other day !! I wouldve taken him..
sad.png

We had someone dump a rooster here in March. He's what began us in chickens so whoever dumped Ricky off here, we're forever grateful to them!

Handsome guy he is though!

Laurie

A beautiful game bird, probably raised for illegal purposes... probably. People are dumping em off left and right. Somebody just dropped off two GORGEOUS Shamo-type games at our feed store, dropped the box and ran. I almost took em, but realized I had no idea of the birds' backgrounds... disease wise. People need to stop dumping animals. I would cull, unfortunately, just for biosecurity purposes, unless you're willing to take a risk. Gorgeous bird though, great condition.

Back
Top Bottom