I came in 2nd place!!! woohooo!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 77horses, Mar 9, 2009.

1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Yay! There was an art contest thing at my school a few months ago, and you could enter a visual piece(painting, etc...), a written story, or a musical piece. So, since I'm good at drawing horses, etc. I decided I would enter a piece. I have learned a lot from my dad about drawing, and I have come quite a long way since I first started drawing. [​IMG]

So, I draw a picture by pencil of a horse head...made the mountains in the background, with the sun and the birds...etc...and I entered it on the due date. I did a good job, I just wasn't expecting much from it...I was thinking maybe I would come in 5th or 4th place...I mean there were entries from middle school to high school! There must be a lot! [​IMG]

So, I waited for a few months. And waited...I actually forgot all about it! [​IMG] Until last week, when my teacher gave me a letter from the contest people and it said...

"Congratulations!"
    Name: (my name)
    Place: 2nd!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

"Your piece stood out from more than 300 other entries. blah blah blah..."

I was soo surprised!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I didn't expect to come in 2nd place! [​IMG] I'm so happy! [​IMG]

I'm going to the awards ceremony next week with some of my family...But my mom has to work...so....she can't go...... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

But anyway, thanks for reading! I heard that I may get like $100 or more! LOL I am going to save it up and buy some chicken stuff!(that's actually the first thing I thought of when I heard that winners get some money..! lol) [​IMG] [​IMG] It's all you guys' fault!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    <<<----Would love to see a pic of the pic

3. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] CONGRATULATIONS!

4. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    Congrats! We'd love to see your drawing.

5. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG] CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is quite an accomplishment!

7. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Thanks everyone! I wish I had a pic, but I don't. BUT, i will hopefully get one when I go to the awards ceremony next Thursday! I have a pic on the phone, but I can't get it onto the computer.

Thanks again everyone! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Congrats!

9. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Quote:OK this is completely off topic, but debiraymond what is up with your avatar!?? LOL [​IMG] Are your fingers really like that or something??? lol I just had to ask! [​IMG]

10. BFeathered

BFeathered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    Congrats! [​IMG] [​IMG] (and yes, Debi's polydactyl, just like a Maine Coon cat! )

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by