I can’t stop!!! More baby chicks!

Girlmomx3

Songster
Oct 12, 2021
So we just got 5 new silkies on Sept 17th and I don’t even know if they’re cockerels or pullets yet but those with the Silkies we had already was making me miss our mixed flock so…oops I did it again! new babies! Pullets!!!! (Hopefully).

The silkie chicks are in the basement, the older silkies are in the coop and the new babies are in the living room :lol: but will be moving to the basement in a few days. I converted my daughters old crib into a brooder. Where I hope to separate the space with a screen so the silkie chicks can get to know the mixed chicks and maybe I’ll be a step closer to combining the 3 flocks. I’m done for now…at least until spring.
Meet Mama, Stella, Anna, Tink, Reba, Coda and Stormy.
4C856D76-6386-4F50-BDAF-A3EDCD6F7986.jpeg

messy girls!! These photos were taken only a couple hours apart haha
4D83DEB6-D5A7-4FD0-AD71-4573257D486D.jpeg

I got smart and ordered the cover for the heat plate so it didn’t become the poop plate with the new chicks too!
Milo, Gizmo, Leo, Elsa and Rapunzel.
4DC17B8D-424B-4FD4-8FBF-7B84FF00280D.jpeg

The 4 lonely chickens in the coop, excited to meet some friends one day!
Dixie, Luke, Nala and Wonder. Fun fact. Wonder is missing a wing. Not sure if she knows or not cuz she is just as peppy as the others!
678B6832-2D9B-485A-AE42-55E03BCC56C3.jpeg

Why are chickens so addicting?!

So we just got 5 new silkies on Sept 17th and I don’t even know if they’re cockerels or pullets yet but those with the Silkies we had already was making me miss our mixed flock so…oops I did it again! new babies! Pullets!!!! (Hopefully).

The silkie chicks are in the basement, the older silkies are in the coop and the new babies are in the living room :lol: but will be moving to the basement in a few days. I converted my daughters old crib into a brooder. Where I hope to separate the space with a screen so the silkie chicks can get to know the mixed chicks and maybe I’ll be a step closer to combining the 3 flocks. I’m done for now…at least until spring.
View attachment 2873153
View attachment 2873154
I got smart and ordered the cover for the heat plate so it didn’t become the poop plate with the new chicks too!
View attachment 2873155
Dixie, Luke, Nala and Wonder. Fun fact. Wonder is missing a wing. Not sure if she knows or not cuz she is just as peppy as the others!
View attachment 2873166

Haha. I don’t know. I’m addicted to hatching ducks at the moment. If I could I’d have a constant supply of duck eggs to hatch! Currently don’t have a rooster but I’m itching for one. Hopefully we’ll get one at the start of next year so I can get to hatching some more chickens! Mum’s not too impressed about getting a rooster but dads on board so we’ll see. Plus, mum loves how cute the chicks are so she’ll get over getting the rooster soon.

View attachment 2873153
View attachment 2873154
View attachment 2873155
View attachment 2873166

Haha!! Same! Last year we only had 5 chickens we now have 20! 😂😂🤷🏼‍♀️

Haha. I don’t know. I’m addicted to hatching ducks at the moment. If I could I’d have a constant supply of duck eggs to hatch! Currently don’t have a rooster but I’m itching for one. Hopefully we’ll get one at the start of next year so I can get to hatching some more chickens! Mum’s not too impressed about getting a rooster but dads on board so we’ll see. Plus, mum loves how cute the chicks are so she’ll get over getting the rooster soon.
I have 11 Muscovies as well! Haven’t had any ducklings yet and that’s probably a good thing or I’d definitely have my hands full.

Because Chicken Math, that's why! Haha, you're a Chickaholic, welcome to the club!
:highfive: There is no real cure, but Group Therapy is highly recommended. Wait ... Is that Coop Therapy? 🤔

Never mind, either one works! :wee
Just so there are more :jumpy to :love, we be in our happy place!
Chicken Math! Haha I love that!

I have 11 Muscovies as well! Haven’t had any ducklings yet and that’s probably a good thing or I’d definitely have my hands full.
Yeah, I don’t think about that. Currently got 14 in the incubator and the girls are still laying well. Hopefully they sit on them or I can just sneak the rest inside once these eggs have hatched if they are still right then.

Our neighbour's ducks decided our yard was their nursery! Raised two groups of ducklings this summer and it was so much fun for us to watch. I want our girls to hatch some chicks so bad 😍

Every time our washroom brooder frees up, I slip and come home with more chicks 😂 This last batch has been great at mixing ages. I have 4 weekers, 2 weekers, and two that are under a week-ish all together right now. Must.resist.more.

Back
Top Bottom