i can hardly contain myself!!!!!

chirpchirp

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
Michigan
just had to share, after nearly 2 months of waiting my chicks shipped today from welp! i CANNOT wait for them to get here. i have learned so much here on BYC - thank you everyone! - that i feel pretty prepared. is there any last minute advice worth sharing?! maybe just tell me to CALM DOWN! (i will be a nervous wreck until they have arrived safe and sound!) thanks again:)

-now i need to figure out how to post pics....
tongue.png

big_smile.png
Congrats! Hope your babies get to you safe and sound! Best of luck, and take a deep breath. You are about to have alot of fun, get alot of laughs ( chickens do some hilarious stuff ), and do alot of hard work! But it's so worth it. They are great; I ask myself all the time "Why didn't I get into chickens sooner?". Let us know when your babies arrive and be sure to get us PICTURES when they do!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Best wishes!

You're going to have so much fun!!!

I had to wait a few months to get my chicks, too - I think it makes you appreciate them more when they finally arrive.

I made the mistake of adding too much electrolyte powder and giving it to them too often - I think it is the reason we had a few episodes of Pasty Butt. If you use electrolytes, do it sparingly and just long enough to tide them over from shipping.

Good luck! Post pix!!!

You're going to have so much fun!!!

I had to wait a few months to get my chicks, too - I think it makes you appreciate them more when they finally arrive.

I made the mistake of adding too much electrolyte powder and giving it to them too often - I think it is the reason we had a few episodes of Pasty Butt. If you use electrolytes, do it sparingly and just long enough to tide them over from shipping.

Good luck! Post pix!!!

i just read that today, and i am really glad i did. thanks for your input. who would think electrolytes would cause problems?!​

Lucky. Mine don't ship for another week.

so sorry! i know the waiting has almost killed me! are your coming from welp too?​

Nope. Mypetchicken. I'm starting out with a small number, only 8.
smile.png
I couldn't find anyone to split the order with me, so I ordered from MPC. I could have gotten them this week, had I been 3 hours faster. THAT'S what bugs me.

Nope. Mypetchicken. I'm starting out with a small number, only 8. I couldn't find anyone to split the order with me, so I ordered from MPC. I could have gotten them this week, had I been 3 hours faster. THAT'S what bugs me.

i only have room for 9-10 permanent residents, however to get around the cost of shipping from MPC i talked my DH into letting me get the remainder of our 25 to be meat chickens grom welp. (i was thisclose to ordering from MPC). sorry for your wait - i know it stinks.​

Chirpchirp, when are they supposed to/estimated to arrive? I was the exact same way about mine. It was all I could do to try to stay calm, when I really wanted to go wrap them in bubble wrap and carry them through the postal system myself.

I did not realize that electrolytes could cause problems. We've been giving it to ours for 2 weeks today and haven't had a problem so far. (The Storey guide to chickens suggested 3 weeks of it after shipping.) But we've been careful about the dosage and about giving them fresh water every day. (Figured the heat might could make the stuff turn or something.?)

Back
Top Bottom