I can hatch more cockerels than anyone!

AussieSharon

Songster
12 Years
Dec 18, 2007
Virginia
I haven't been hatching for long but was wondering if anyone can beat my cockerel hatching.

Hatches:

#1 7 cockerels 1 pullet
#2 3 cockerels 1 pullet
#3 8 cockerels 2 pullets
#4 1 cockerel
#5 9 cockerels 4 pullets
#6 7 cockerels 2 pullets

oops edited to add #7 Only had one egg hatch and it was a PULLET!

50% chance of boys/girl my FOOT!

Last edited:
Ouch!!! Time to start buying sexed pullets!!!!!

Sorry for your bum luck!!!! I think I have 5 out of 10, so that would be 50%. So, you've definetely got me beat!!! Steph

LOL that's terrible and a bit funny all at the same time!! Would you be terrible offended if I didn't stand next to you in a lightening storm???

Quote:
LMAO I'd probably get hit without the storm. To make it even funnier, I had 3 seperate Ultra Sounds done by different technicians saying I was having a baby girl. My OBGYN told me to buy all the pink I wanted, I had a baby shower for a girl..... yes out popped a BOY! I guess I am just destined for a life with lots of boys.

I wonder if there is an scientific reason for that?? You know like crocodile babies develop into one sex or the other based on incubation temp. I wonder if there could be something that makes them tend to be male or female or are they destined to be either sex as soon as they are fertile?

Quote:
They're destined to be one sex or the other as soon as they're fertile, or even before, since the hen determines the sex of the chick. The only variable that may play a role besides the luck of the draw is nutrition. Some studies have shown that well-fed female birds may have slightly more female offspring.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom