I can hear him but I can't see him...

Home Tweet Home

In the Brooder
Feb 20, 2015
Mobile, Alabama
That baby is IN THERE. I just know it. When I got home, he was peeping, peeping, peeping. But not pipping. He has been talking all day but hasn't made any progress. This is my first hatch where this happened, so I have no clue what to do. Only because I know you'll ask me, yes, I did open the bator during lockdown. But that's only because humidity and temp kept fluctuating. I wonder if the thing is shrink wrapped. I'm afraid it will die. PLUS, it's the only one still alive and they aren't selling live chicks at my local feed stores! HELP!!!!!

UPDATE: I noticed the chick stopped cheeping, so I decided to give him some help. I used scissors to make a crack in the egg WITHOUT hurting the chick! Then, I used a seamripper to make a further incision where the first was. Once I could see inside the egg clearly, I noticed that I had been right, my baby was shrink wrapped. I peeled the rest of the shell off and then the membrane. The chick was free! Pics coming soon.

ALSO: Just wanna say, sorry for the oddness of my tools, it's all I had!

Last edited:
UPDATE: I noticed the chick stopped cheeping, so I decided to give him some help. I used scissors to make a crack in the egg WITHOUT hurting the chick! Then, I used a seamripper to make a further incision where the first was. Once I could see inside the egg clearly, I noticed that I had been right, my baby was shrink wrapped. I peeled the rest of the shell off and then the membrane. The chick was free! Pics coming soon.

ALSO: Just wanna say, sorry for the oddness of my tools, it's all I had!
Good job! You stepped in and took care of it when you needed to, I hope I can do the same thing if any of mine have problems, can't wait to see your chick!

Awesome! All three just happened to be shrink wrapped (I had 4 eggs, 1 infertile) so I helped those out too. The one from yesterday and a new one are doing fine, but I'm worried about one. His assist didn't go so well, because he pipped too early and in the wrong place. He's not breathing well (as far as I can see) and he has curled toes on one foot. Shoot...

Awesome!!!!!! Yay Well done! Hope they all are ok! About the curled foot chick, wait and do NOT bump it off please! It might sound weird! I don't think you are that type of person to do that anyway !
smile.png
It sounds something similar to what my dad experienced.........he hatched some chicks and they all had curled feet, he tried everything! But he didn't want them to suffer! SO he,......put them out of misery.
hit.gif
He hates killing things! And then somehow someone told him to give the ones left some............I don't know what its called! (???I will ask him when he comes back from walk lol???) WAIT PLEEEEEZZZ LOL
smile.png

Nutridrench? Sav-a-chick?

Curled toes is treatable. Home Tweet Home, if you would like, I will give you a link on treating it.... Good job with the assists!

Back
Top Bottom