I can hear my rooster breathing

TundraFang

Crowing
Jul 31, 2021
United States
So my rooster, Moe, has been having some breathing problems. I first noticed a few months ago when he had to gasp for air when he eats. I thought he was just eating too fast or getting food stuck in his throat. Recently I got a new rooster and while they were fighting Moe was breathing much heavier than the new rooster. Moe still won the fight and the pecking order has been established for a few weeks now. I just went out to sit with the flock and I can hear Moe breathing. He's opening his mouth to pant every few minutes but it's a bit hot and some of the other chickens are panting so I think that's unrelated. He just crowed and is having to catch his breath after each crow. He's eating and drinking normally but I'm worried because it seems to be getting worse. What can I do to help him? Is it contagious?

Can you get a video of him? Upload to youtube and provide a link.

How old is he?
Is his crop emptying overnight? Any lesions, canker or yellow pasty material inside his beak?
Any lice/mites?

Can you get a video of him? Upload to youtube and provide a link.

How old is he?
Is his crop emptying overnight? Any lesions, canker or yellow pasty material inside his beak?
Any lice/mites?
Sorry, I didn't see this until now. He's five months old.. No lesions or anything in his beak. His throat is clear and no lice or mites. The only symptom he's showing is trouble breathing.

Back
Top Bottom