. I can not sleep at night

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by gessieviolet, Dec 3, 2009.

1. gessieviolet

gessieviolet Chillin' With My Peeps

2. Randy

Randy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    AR
    Well I didn't have a problem until I went through a break up a couple of weeks ago. Now I'm up on the computer at 1:00 a.m. Maybe someday I'll get back to normal.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I dont sleep well at night either.. then i sleep during the day...then i dont sleep well at night...
    see a pattern? [​IMG]

4. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Yea, I don't sleep day or night. Last night I was still awake at 5:30am! I finally got to sleep only to wake up at 6:30. Went back to sleep at 7, woke up at 7:45. Kept this up 'til 9:30 and gave up! At least I don't drive for a living anymore. I was doing this when I was working the early shift (not all the time but close to half of the time) and I had to hit the caffiene hard to stay alert! It's getting so bad I hate getting into bed. It seems I'm nice and sleepy 'til I lay down in bed then whoops! I'm wide awake! I think my bed hates me (that's the lack of sleep talking). I get up again to make myself sleepy and when I lay down again it's the same thing. On the plus side I do get some awesomely creative ideas for all sorts of things. Now if I could only get some rest I'd have some energy to implement some of them. [​IMG]

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I've gotten my days and nights goofed up. It's quite often I'm up till 3, sometimes 4, in the morning, then I get up at 6 to get my son on the bus. Sometimes I go back to bed, sometimes I don't. It doesn't really seem to matter either way.

Last night I was up till at least 4, got up at 6, and layed down till about 9:30 (from 7-9:30). It's now 1:30 am, and I'm still up. Hopefully I can get straightened back out again [​IMG]

6. cw

cw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    green co.
    i work 3 rd shift so its been a long time since i ve seen noon

7. SpeckledHills

SpeckledHills Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Idaho/Utah
    I've been crazy about staying up late since age 11. I'm in late 30's now. In recent months I've gotten to bed between 9 & 11:30 a few times. GREAT progress!

8. I dont remember when the last time I had a good night sleep. Im on the computer taking care of my AVON orders until who knows what time, still up at 6am to get the kids off. SOmetimes I go back to sleep, most times...I do not.

9. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    I'm sure I am not the only one who has this problem but I started staying up a bit after everyone(5 kids and dh) was down for some 'me time'. [​IMG] Well that was all well and good, very relaxing ,but then when I am ready to go to bed (around 2) I can't because my mind races and there are a million things that are going through it at once. Darn ADD.....[​IMG] So thank God for late night chat friends. [​IMG] I usually get to bed around 4 now and get up at 8. lol....[​IMG] I know that will catch up with me eventually but for the time being it works.

10. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

I go to sleep real well, but if anything wakes me up, then I am tossing and turning for hours. I did it last night too, and now I am sooooooooooooooooooooo sleepy, but too much to do. Might take a little nappy at 1:00. That will last until bedtime. The later I go to bed helps, but then I still feel drained when I get up. Melatonin is good to try; its safe and will relax you to that sleepy time feeling. Too much though, and you wake up like you have a hang over. I have never had a hang over, so just repeating what I was told. It's cheap too, get mine at Wal-Mart. I give it to our 9 year old DS. He has trouble falling asleep, not staying asleep.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by