I can not upload pics/and I don't know where to post this?

kycklingmamma

Songster
11 Years
Jun 10, 2008
My slice of Heaven on Earth...
I have been trying to upload a few pics for majority of the day and all I get is this error message...

ERROR: Wrong filetype (has to be a .JPEG, .PNG or .GIF). Yours is:

My pic is in jpg format and I even changed it into png fornat and I still got this message.
What does it mean and how do I fix it?

Any help appreciated, Kycklingmamma

Last edited:
Quote:
This happened to me too, I'll tell you what my problem was, but I don't know a lot about the process, so it might not be the same problem you have.
Here goes...(I hope I can explain this so you understand...
tongue.png
)

I loaded the pics from my camera, to my laptop, then I used the 'fix it' tool on my laptop to take red eye out.
I left it in 'fix it' mode and tried to load the pics on to BYC, this is when I got the same ERROR message you got. I took it out of 'fix it' mode, and it worked just fine.

Like I said, I don't know if this is the same problem you have, but it worked for me.
big_smile.png

Unfortunately, that is about the extent of my tech savviness, so I hope it works for you!!

Brelansmama, and Nifty-Chicken.

Thanks for your help,
I tried the method Brelansmama told me about but it still didn't work. I am going to take a fresh batch of pics and start over and see if that helps.

Nifty-Chicken if that doesn't work I will email the pics to you, but don't want to burden you if I don't have to.

Kyycklingmamma

Please send me the error pic anyway. I've seen others report the error, but nobody has been able to send me a sample pic yet.

So, you (and anybody else) with the error, PLEASE email me the exact picture you're having a problem with and include the error message in the email.

Thanks!

Nifty-Chicken,

i just got home and got your post, but unfortunately I have already errased the pics that got the error message. I am about to go out and take more pics of the coop, and if I have the problem still, I will email thos epics to you. Thanks again.

Kycklingmamma

Back
Top Bottom