I can only find 1 Connecticut breeder! ACK!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by MattalynsBarn, Jun 11, 2010.

1. MattalynsBarn

MattalynsBarn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2010
    Connecticut
    So I've been looking for some breeders in CT because I would like to get chicks rather than eggs that I'd then need to hatch, and most places won't ship chicks. However, the only breeder I've found is the Hall Brothers Hatchery. We aren't ready for chickens yet, but I figured I should find out what's out there. Does anyone know of any other CT breeders? The breeds I'm planning on getting are Easter Eggers and Sussex, but only a total of 5 birds.

Thank you much

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  2. Luke13:34

Luke13:34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2010
    The Naugatuck Valley
    I may be too late in responding to this thread for you, but just to let other CT folks know for the future.. if you look on CraigsList over the summer months, there is a woman in Durham who breeds true Ameraucana and other breeds. She does not have a website that I know of, but just keep you eyes peeled for her to list them on CL.

3. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    what about mypetchicken.com i have done 2 orders from them, very happy with my results. and you can get a small order. [​IMG]

4. Rockportcrpntr

Rockportcrpntr Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2009
    Rockport MA
    there's a guy who raises and sells barnevelder chicks and hatching eggs in CT you have to go to his farm and pick them up though he doesn't ship. I'll find a link to his site if you're interested

5. Rockportcrpntr

Rockportcrpntr Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2009
    Rockport MA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by