I can train Turkeys

Studabird

Songster
May 8, 2020
Southwest Louisiana
So I accidentally figured out how to train turkeys. We had a very cold, windy and rainy night last week. It was bit of a surprise and the turkey coop hadn’t been fully winterized yet so the open wall was letting a lot of water in. So for ONE night I roosted them on my front porch where they were safe from predators and weather. The next day I fixed the coop and put them back. Now every time there is a cloud in the sky they run to the front porch. So if you are trying to train turkeys have them do something once then act like you don’t want them to do it and they will be forever trained.

So I accidentally figured out how to train turkeys. We had a very cold, windy and rainy night last week. It was bit of a surprise and the turkey coop hadn’t been fully winterized yet so the open wall was letting a lot of water in. So for ONE night I roosted them on my front porch where they were safe from predators and weather. The next day I fixed the coop and put them back. Now every time there is a cloud in the sky they run to the front porch. So if you are trying to train turkeys have them do something once then act like you don’t want them to do it and they will be forever trained.
Turkeys are trainable. Read the Tribute to Memphis thread and you will run across where she trained her hen Daisy to do the agility course that she used for her show dogs.

Back
Top Bottom