I cannot find anything using the new search.

tazcat70

I must be crazy!
13 Years
Oct 5, 2007
Kansas
My Coop
My Coop
Ok, that is not true, I can find LOTS. I can find so much information that I cannot find what I am looking for. I used the search function ALOT on the old BYC, however, now I get so many posts that I cannot get any useful information.

An example:

I was searching for threads on incubating grocery store eggs. I had no idea when it was first posted, but I figured that the post was currently active in recent weeks. Just about each different way I input the information I got 300,000 posts to go thru. I tried titles only, and full text. I tried several different ways to try and find what I was looking for. I couldn't.

This is not the first time that I have tried searching on the new format, I didn't find what I was looking for that time either.

Does anyone have any ideas of how I can make it work?

We're always interested in search feedback. Here are a few questions that will help us when trying to improve our search system:

• Search Term
  • Results URL
  • What's wrong with these results?
  • What example URLs should be at the top?

tazcat70 wrote: Search terms: Laree +frizzle +eggs Posts only...
Basic Search: "Laree AND frizzle AND eggs": 1 result (your post in this thread). Basic Search: Laree and frizzle and eggs: 83 results Advanced Search: ): UN: LareePQG/ posts only: frizzle AND eggs 13 results Advanced Search: UN: LareePQG/full text/posts: frizzle and eggs: 1495 results Advanced Search: UN: LareePQG/entire site/full text: 71 results

Taz, it depends on engine and implementation for the end user (kinda like bbcode - keep the end user from futzing with the Site code but allow some formatting options - differ by site). Just try different combinations:" ", AND, OR, NOT, *.*.

ed:clarity

Last edited:
Thanks Ivan! I appreciate it. I was beginning to get a complex.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom