I can't believe I just did this!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by GoDawgs, May 1, 2011.

1. GoDawgs

GoDawgs Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2011
    Atlanta burbs
    Today is our first day with chickens, and I was soooo excited to get two eggs - a medium blue/green from our Easter Egger, and a small pinkish brown from our Speckled Sussex. I had them in an egg carton in the fridge, and wanted to show my husband our eggs compared to a store bought white egg. So I put a store bought egg in the carton, and on my way over to him I tripped and dropped all of the eggs [​IMG] The small brown egg just cracked, so we scrambled it up and ate it (YUM, I can definitely tell the difference from a grocery store egg!), but the store egg and blue egg went all over the place. [​IMG] I can't believe I did that! That said, it was interesting to see the store bought egg yolk right next to the Easter Egger egg yolk to see the huge difference in color.

2. lovin my birds

lovin my birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    Haha! I have done that two. Congrats on your first egg. I know when i got my first one i was super excited. That was way back when. When i told myself only 6 hens and one roo. [​IMG] That went out the window. [​IMG] As for the difference in the taste, i agree it is a huge difference. I myself dont eat store bought eggs at all anymore. [​IMG]

3. lovin'6chicks

lovin'6chicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2010
    [​IMG] That was a bummer!!! But it won't be long and you'll have more eggs than you know what to do with [​IMG]

4. buckabucka

buckabucka Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2010
    Fairfield, Maine
    My Coop
    Ha! It may not be funny to you right now, but that will be a great story to add to all of your chicken adventures! [​IMG] Glad you got to cook one up!

5. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Lol, just wait til you put one in your pocket and forget about it. I did that once in my winter coat, huge mess. And I had the bright idea to let my 18 month old carry my first silkie egg to the house. She tried to eat it (straight out the chickens butt, it was still warm:rolleyes:) then cracked it open on a rock. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by